Craftsman walk behind loses power on small inclines SOLVED

juicer

Threads
  • / Craftsman walk behind loses power on small inclines SOLVED
alright will do.
happened to have another same model carb/mower in my pile of junk (don't ask)
swapped the carb out and same symptoms persist
will try the coil kill with vice grips at the ready to either pull the plug wire or crimp the gas line

juicer

Threads
Sorry. I had written the below post but never hit enter/save!
Fixed it! Slomo pointed me in the right direction if not the correct solution.
When I started looking into removing the shroud to access the coil kill wire (in the end, didn't actually remove the shroud) I noticed a bunch of grass stuck below the shroud.
Brought out the compressed air and blew what probably had been a mouse nest worth of crap out of there which apparently had been hindering the smooth operation of the auto choke!
Problem solved,
We now return you to your normally scheduled programming.

Cusser

Threads
Thx.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Sorry. I had written the below post but never hit enter/save!
Fixed it! Slomo pointed me in the right direction if not the correct solution.
When I started looking into removing the shroud to access the coil kill wire (in the end, didn't actually remove the shroud) I noticed a bunch of grass stuck below the shroud.
Brought out the compressed air and blew what probably had been a mouse nest worth of crap out of there which apparently had been hindering the smooth operation of the auto choke!
Problem solved,
We now return you to your normally scheduled programming.
You know what's coming next. Ready guys??

Remove the metal fan shroud. CLEAN that filthy engine to like new conditions. This is a YEARLY to-do in yours and every other mower engine manual. Behind the muffler and so on. Any oily dirt slime areas need to be gone. Those oil slicks insulate the aluminum retarding engine cooling. Neglect this and you are asking for engine damage.

Juicer had a mouse nest, juicer had a mouse nest. HA-HA!!! Glad she is a runner.

juicer

Threads
You know what's coming next. Ready guys??

Remove the metal fan shroud. CLEAN that filthy engine to like new conditions. This is a YEARLY to-do in yours and every other mower engine manual. Behind the muffler and so on. Any oily dirt slime areas need to be gone. Those oil slicks insulate the aluminum retarding engine cooling. Neglect this and you are asking for engine damage.

Juicer had a mouse nest, juicer had a mouse nest. HA-HA!!! Glad she is a runner.
Oh great... brush my teeth once a month, floss once a year and now THIS!