Craftsman T3000 Lawn Tractor wont manually roll

dawgn86

Threads
Good afternoon,

I have been gifted a Craftsman lawn tractor from my in-laws and need to get it home to service, etc. Looks like a 2014 year model that hasn't ran in 4-5 years. This model has the hydrostatic transmission.

Craftsman T3000 / Model 917.203900 / Serial # 021714A00317. The tractor will not manually roll. I have pulled the release pin in the back out and locked into position and made sure the parking brake was released. Tires are low; not completely flat. I need this tractor to roll to get it out of their shed and onto my trailer.

Any suggestions on what to check?

Thanks

Last edited:

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
raise the rear both wheels off the ground and try to turn them
If they turn in opposite directions then the clutch pads have rusted onto the disc or the pins have rusted in the caliper
Assuming they do turn
Remove the wheel
Take a photo of the clutch noting where the springs go
Remove the rod from the lever
Remove the nuts / bolts either side of the caliper
DO NOT TOUCH THE NUT IN THE MIDDLE it is the adjuster
Remove the caliper
There are 2 pads and 1 r both will have a shim underneath the pad so pop a towel, rag, box underneath
Often the disc will also have rusted on the spline, it should pull strait off to expose the rear pad
Give the spline a wire brush pop the pins it of the caliper , clean the pins lube lightly then reassemble .

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Bert this is a General Transmissions RS800. The brake is internal so there is no operator way of accessing it easily. Matter of fact GTI doesn't even provide the internal parts./

Two options

Adjust the inversion control rod or remove one of the rear axle keys if you just trying to get it to shop where you have more time find why that RS800 transaxle is not not into neutral release mode.

dawgn86

Threads
So I went and got the lawn tractor today. Was able to get in in freewheel and rolled onto my trailer.

I checked plugs, oil level, etc, I took off the shroud and blew out about ten pounds of mice nest and dirt.

I hooked a jump pack to it and it started up after a few seconds. I drove it around the yard some and it stalled and sputtered some after jumping it back off. I have the batter on charge now.

The deck belt is a tangled mess. I will take the deck off tomorrow and be sure the belt is routed correctly.

It does have the CVT transmission. I have blow it off as much as i can get to as the fuel tank is directly under the seat. Is there a way to really get to the transmission without dropping it out of the tractor?

Thanks