Craftsman T1200 - Won’t Start

Matnetik

Threads
Yep it sure was the stem cap sitting there - tightened the rocker stud to 200 in lb per manual, set TDC and valve lash on the intake and exhaust, reassembled and it’s purring like a kitten! Running better than before, thanks for everyone’s input, glad I was able to knock this out without spending any money on parts or labor!

slomo

Lawn Pro
Threads
Yep it sure was the stem cap sitting there - tightened the rocker stud to 200 in lb per manual, set TDC and valve lash on the intake and exhaust, reassembled and it’s purring like a kitten! Running better than before, thanks for everyone’s input, glad I was able to knock this out without spending any money on parts or labor!
Thanks for sticking with us and glad to hear she is running again.

Recommend downloading your engine manual. Read it cover to cover. Things like valve lash, CLEAN THE COOLING FINS and such are yearly tasks we all need to do.

Matnetik

Threads
Thanks for sticking with us and glad to hear she is running again.

Recommend downloading your engine manual. Read it cover to cover. Things like valve lash, CLEAN THE COOLING FINS and such are yearly tasks we all need to do.
Absolutely, downloaded the PDF so I am set to go. Cut about an acre yesterday and it ran strong The whole time. Hopefully this thread will help someone else who may have a similar issue, and fortunately Sears shipped me 9 flywheel keys (I only ordered 5) so I have plenty if I ever have a problem.

Cheers all and take care!