craftsman LTX 1000 shuts down when engaging clutch/throttle or blades

will9544

Forum Newbie
Threads
  • / craftsman LTX 1000 shuts down when engaging clutch/throttle or blades
Why would my Craftsman LTX1000 rider mower start shutting down when i go to release clutch, engage the blades or push my tranny handle in fwd or reverse? The mower runs long as i keep the clutch pedal pushed in. Soon as i let it out just alittle it wants to kill engine.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Why would my Craftsman LTX1000 rider mower start shutting down when i go to release clutch, engage the blades or push my tranny handle in fwd or reverse? The mower runs long as i keep the clutch pedal pushed in. Soon as i let it out just alittle it wants to kill engine.

I will put my money on a bad seat switch.

Look at the switch under the seat. Make sure it is plugged in and the seat is pushing the tab in. If plugged in unplug it and see if that helps

Threads
I had that same problem but on a older mower and I changed the plugs replaced the coil checked all the safety switches that where left on it still nothing after a while I realized that the seat safety switch had been disassembled and one end was touching the body of the mower and would make connection and cause it to stall

SMM