Craftsman DLT

oldntired55

Forum Newbie
Threads
hello all, new to the forum here,
i have an older Craftsman rider with 25hp v twin hydrostatic trans , dark green with a gray 46 inch deck.. , the only markings on the hood are DLT . the id tag under seat has long since it was made faded and partially peeled off. Illegible. problem two, the engine numbers are gone... no stampings in either valve cover ( i believe the one with numbers was changed to a newer one). also, no stampings in any of the tin shrouding... all the places i would normally look, nothing. the problem is, i need to repair the shifted ex valve guides ( there was a HUGE rats nest under the shroud, which i blame for the heads overheating). also i want to replace both ex valves, and all pushrods as someone robbed them on one side already. Problem at hand, no way to ID engine for parts... any ideas out there? id like to get this critter running

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
We are not standing next to you with a cold drink in hand to see what you are talking about. Please remember the the techs and DIY guys and gals are hundreds if not thousands of miles from you. Our psychic powers no longer work due to COVID, so to help you we need your help, as the description you have given us so far doesn’t give us much to go on. Please supply us with pictures of everything which would have contained any numbers, ID tags, shrouds, valve covers, etc, plus dashboard, and deck. Also, can you crawl under the unit and look for numbers on the hydros? We might be able to cross reference them to possible units. The more info you can provide the better chance you have to get an ID.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If the base of the id tag is still there , even if the printed layer has peeled off it can still be read
Take some photos in strong light at a variety of angles with a digital camera NOT YOUR PHONE .
Drop the images into your photo editing app then increase the contrast and drop the brightness
Usually the numbers will pop out of the image.
Your eyes can not resolve not quite white on off white but the camera can.
Some times just inverting the colours ( called make negative in some apps ) is all you need to do

oldntired55

Forum Newbie
Threads
ok thanks, ill jack it up and look around the hydro trans...hope i find something
We are not standing next to you with a cold drink in hand to see what you are talking about. Please remember the the techs and DIY guys and gals are hundreds if not thousands of miles from you. Our psychic powers no longer work due to COVID, so to help you we need your help, as the description you have given us so far doesn’t give us much to go on. Please supply us with pictures of everything which would have contained any numbers, ID tags, shrouds, valve covers, etc, plus dashboard, and deck. Also, can you crawl under the unit and look for numbers on the hydros? We might be able to cross reference them to possible units. The more info you can provide the better chance you have to get an ID.
because everything else is non existent

oldntired55

Forum Newbie
Threads
If the base of the id tag is still there , even if the printed layer has peeled off it can still be read
Take some photos in strong light at a variety of angles with a digital camera NOT YOUR PHONE .
Drop the images into your photo editing app then increase the contrast and drop the brightness
Usually the numbers will pop out of the image.
Your eyes can not resolve not quite white on off white but the camera can.
Some times just inverting the colours ( called make negative in some apps ) is all you need to do
ill try that and see if anything comes out...