Blades Craftsman 917.376656 Blade Options

nando

Forum Newbie
I'm looking for a replacement blade for my Craftsman 917.376656.

According to the Sears parts website, the replacement blade is 33256 (model 406713), but I noticed that blade 33522 (model 406707) seems to have the same geometry, only thicker. It's also labeled as a premium blade and coated red.

Does anyone have any experience running a thicker blade on their Craftsman mower?

Thanks.
 
Looks like same blade, take used blade with you to match up.

Thanks for the reply. I compared the two blades at the store. They are the same except one is thicker. I was more concerned with the bolt holding a thicker blade, or the added stress of the heavier mass on the motor. Thanks.
 
:welcome:

Oregon make Gators to to fit and they are thicker, wider & heavier than the standard feeble AYP blade.
The problem will be what you mow with it.
The heavier blade will bust the spindle housing ( this is intentional ) should you smack into thick branches, stones, gutters, pipes etc when mowing where as the thin bades bend & twist before they break the spindle housing.
They will also be a lot noisier when running,
Oddly enough my customers like this because they can tell how thw blades are running by the sound of the deck.
AYP went to a great effort to make them quiet .
 
Back
Top