Craftsman 43" deck

dwmullett

Forum Newbie
Hello, my name is Donald Mullett and I have a craftsman all wheel steer with a 43" deck. I am looking for deck spindles and wonder if the ones on a 42" deck will work. Please help me!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
 
I think they were made by Norma.
I had to redo a Husqvqrna 4 wheel steer last year and it ended being Norma .
Go to the Stens , or Rotary web catalogue and search Mandrels.
Should bring up a 100 or so images then go through & find one that looks the same as yours.
An old mum & pop repair shop will probably know what you are talking about but a glass front will just say "NLA here buy this nice new mower".
 
So the cheapest spindle I have ever seen is $22.00 and it did not come with a pulley which is $15.00. That is cheaper.

In the US that number only has 1 deck attached to it.
 
536 code indicates Western Tool & Stamping (Before AMF Lawn & Garden Div.)

Probably NOMA, not Norman.

OOOps:mur::mur::mur:

Sorry about that a bad habit of mine sticking the rrrrrrrrrrrrrr's where they don't belong.
Wonder if there was a pirate in my anciestry ? Arrr me arrties.

AFSAIK Murry branded decks all had one of the two variations of the Murray spindles, the flat circle mount and the wavey circle mount.
All of the NOMA made , rebranded mowers down here I have worked on had the same spindle with the one piece blade support.
 
Back
Top