Crafts tractor - leans to one side

Rickcin

Threads
I have a Craftsman tractor that is about 6 to 8 yaers onld with a 42 inch deck and i just noticed to leans to one side and when measuring the from a concrete slab to each side of the deck it is about one full inch difference.
I am wondering if there is some front end adjustment that will level off the front of the tractor?

Thanks

jimrs

Threads
Sounds like you just need to level the deck. If you have a owners manual it should tell you how in it.

Rickcin

Threads
Sounds like you just need to level the deck. If you have a owners manual it should tell you how in it.

Even if the tractor itself leans to one side?

Fish

Lawn Pro
Threads
Start by looking closely at the tires, then look at the hangers for the deck, there are a lot of parts that break often, you just need to get down there and look.

But if one of your tires is half flat, well....

Rickcin

Threads
Start by looking closely at the tires, then look at the hangers for the deck, there are a lot of parts that break often, you just need to get down there and look.

But if one of your tires is half flat, well....

I leved the deck, i was able to find adjusting nuts on both sides of the assembly where the deck hags from. I was unable to see anything that I could adjust the chassis to straighten it out.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
First thing is you do not level a deck by measuring the deck. You go to the tips of the blades. Left to right front to back.

Is the mower on level ground? Does the front pivot like it should?

Rickcin

Threads
First thing is you do not level a deck by measuring the deck. You go to the tips of the blades. Left to right front to back.

Is the mower on level ground? Does the front pivot like it should?

Yes, i placed the mower on the concrete slab, in my garage after checking the floor with a level. The tractor does move side to side freely but it does lean to one side.

I did level the deck side to side but did not check front to back and not sure where the adjustments would be for that. I did cut a small round wood rod and used that as a template to check the height under the blades.