Constant flooding

Coinhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
No, it also is or was used on Snapper branded mowers which is now a part of Ferris I believe. It is a 18hp Kohler Courage motor. B&S bought it all in 2004 so technically it is all part of Briggs.

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Here are the pictures of the new Stens carb. 520-118 to replace the original 12-853-117-S. The gaskets included with the carb do not have any openings for the two small holes you can see in picture one. The second picture has a recessed port 1/4 inch inside the casting so there is no way to block it off. Have they included the wrong gaskets in the kit? I believe all of the carbs I have installed have had the same type. I can make one if that is what I need to do.
Picture 2 shows the bowl vent so that is not the issue.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
No, it also is or was used on Snapper branded mowers which is now a part of Ferris I believe. It is a 18hp Kohler Courage motor. B&S bought it all in 2004 so technically it is all part of Briggs.
Is this a Snapper mower? Is the bottom of the fuel tank above the carburetor?

Coinhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is this a Snapper mower? Is the bottom of the fuel tank above the carburetor?
Yes to Snapper, yes to higher than fuel pump and carb just barely. It actually pulls from the bottom of the tank through the tubing up to the top of the tank and then down to the pump.

Coinhunter

Forum Newbie
Threads
Can anyone send or post pictures of the choke and throttle linkage connections? Also the bottom governor spring connection point on a Kohler CV493 engine. I need to double check I haven't connected them incorrectly. I forgot to take pictures myself and the repair manual does not show them.

MParr

Lawn Addict
Threads
Can anyone send or post pictures of the choke and throttle linkage connections? Also the bottom governor spring connection point on a Kohler CV493 engine. I need to double check I haven't connected them incorrectly. I forgot to take pictures myself and the repair manual does not show them.
Start by giving the model number and serial number of the mower.

Last edited: