Confused about belts on riding lawn mower

nodsirrah

Forum Newbie
Threads
According to my owners manual the ground drive belt is #130801 and the mower belt is #144959. They are both the same size, 1/2" x 95", but they have different part numbers.
Looking at the belts on Amazon they list both of the same part numbers as above as being the same belt.
What am I missing?

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
According to my owners manual the ground drive belt is #130801 and the mower belt is #144959. They are both the same size, 1/2" x 95", but they have different part numbers. Looking at the belts on Amazon they list both of the same part numbers as above as being the same belt. What am I missing?

I bet one cost more.
The reason for 2 part numbers is so the techs. Know there are 2 belts.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I bet one cost more.
The reason for 2 part numbers is so the techs. Know there are 2 belts.

130801 is an A 95 & 3/8 wrapped medium duty kevlar belt
144959 is an A 95 & 3/8 wrapped light duty kevlar belt.

The difference will be in the diameter of kevlar cord and exactly where abouts in the belt it is placed.
As a consummer and in my case as a mechanic I will happily substitute the light belt for the medium belt to reduce my inventory and make life easier. The difference in price is only $ 6.95 which makes no difference to my bottom line.

However to AYP the difference is $ 6.95 x 50,000 units which does make a difference to their bottom line which is a double hit as a lot of owners buy exclusively on price so will buy the mower that is $ 6.95 cheaper because it is $ 6.95 cheaper.

Deck belts cop a pounding . tranny belts have an easier life.
On two belt decks the blade belt cops the punishment while the drive belt has a fairly easy life.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
130801 is an A 95 & 3/8 wrapped medium duty kevlar belt 144959 is an A 95 & 3/8 wrapped light duty kevlar belt. The difference will be in the diameter of kevlar cord and exactly where abouts in the belt it is placed. As a consummer and in my case as a mechanic I will happily substitute the light belt for the medium belt to reduce my inventory and make life easier. The difference in price is only $ 6.95 which makes no difference to my bottom line. However to AYP the difference is $ 6.95 x 50,000 units which does make a difference to their bottom line which is a double hit as a lot of owners buy exclusively on price so will buy the mower that is $ 6.95 cheaper because it is $ 6.95 cheaper. Deck belts cop a pounding . tranny belts have an easier life. On two belt decks the blade belt cops the punishment while the drive belt has a fairly easy life.

Did not know this.
Good info thank you.

I go threw about 5 deck belts a year.
But get 2 years out of my drive belts.