Common Mistakes Made By Amateur Repair People

seattlepioneer

Threads
<<Should of gave him an hour minimum charge and seen how his temper stayed..? >>

You didn't change the spark plugs?
I read the answers guess it is the same everywhere and those dumb asses keep breading, do a lot of repairs at home, fellow came with a Diesel riding mower, real nice, I said let's save you some money, don't lie to me and tell me what it did the last time you used it, he was pissed a Kubota, I said let get around that, I want an estimate, said tell me what is wrong and I will give you an estimate, finally he said you can have it, ok but let me get it running or see what is wrong we can go from there, he said no I going buy me a zero turn, bad boy, I thinking you really are stupid, after he left check the tank no Diesel, put some in fired right up, the next morning I see a drip, the fuel line was bad, changed it and called him, I said its 30 dollars, he said I don't want it, then he said It eats batteries, checked the ling to the starter, bare on the frame, got a nice 60" cut hydraulic lift deck, I love stupid people.

That's why my preference is to pick up old mowers people are discarding because they are frustrated with equipment that isn't working.

Often I can get them to work for a few dollars or nothing as you describe.

If I can't I've probably torn it apart enough that trashing it is the best option.

In the meantime, my modest skills in doing repairs and maintenance may improve somewhat.

Sounds like you got yourself a nice piece of equipment!

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't know if this was an amateur or just an educated idiot. Got a JD 335 in with the fuses on the interlock circuit board mounted next to the battery. The two spade type fuses are soldered into the fused holder terminals on this $158 interlock module board. Also have to have the $58 ignition switch since at one time was a single component is now two separate parts.