Command cv16s Not charging

VegetiveSteam

Threads
Yeah that's right. I forgot that the oil pump was driven by the balance shaft. For some reason I was thinking the pump was driven by the camshaft.

Does anything else inside the engine look worn?

A couple of other things come to mind as well. With the rod cap being soft aluminum, I would think if it smacked the steel balance shaft, it would have taken off enough aluminum after a time or two that it would have created it's own clearance. The other thing is, if the holes the balance shaft rides in are worn, putting a new balance shaft in worn holes would result in the same issue wouldn't it? I will say I am just speculating here as I've never run into this issue before. Another thing to look at. If that shaft is moving that much I would think you might be able to visually see some oval shape to the holes.

Chris_feldk

Threads
Yeah that's right. I forgot that the oil pump was driven by the balance shaft. For some reason I was thinking the pump was driven by the camshaft.

A couple of other things come to mind as well. With the rod cap being soft aluminum, I would think if it smacked the steel balance shaft, it would have taken off enough aluminum after a time or two that it would have created it's own clearance. The other thing is, if the holes the balance shaft rides in are worn, putting a new balance shaft in worn holes would result in the same issue wouldn't it? I will say I am just speculating here as I've never run into this issue before. Another thing to look at. If that shaft is moving that much I would think you might be able to visually see some oval shape to the holes.

Nothing In the engine looks worn and well I know it would have nearly the same play I was just coming up with an idea and maybe a new one would take up some play. But I finally figured out the problem. So I seal up the motor and put it back on my tractor. And if I run it without the drive pulley the noise is gone. And it will rev at 3600 rpm without any noise. But I still can figure out where the noise is coming from on the tractor. But atleast I know it’s not the motor. But I still had to pull it to get a puller on the pulley, and I’m glad I saw the inside of this motor I learned a couple things. I’m not sure if the belt is making contact or is a idler pulley or tensioner pulley but hopefully I can figure it out.