Clients

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
Aren't they what the guys talk to each other on?

Just kidding. Not trying to upset anyone. Just making a dumb joke.

Actually I did get a laugh out of that one Parkmower :biggrin:

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
ric,

OK guys....I'll bite and ask the stupid questions. What ARE Homophones and WHAT do they have to do with the Wizard Of OZ???

Words that sound they same but mean different things.

Witch -- which

Sent from my iPhone using LMF

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Words that sound they same but mean different things.

Witch -- which

Carscw,
Duhhhhhh....I wasn't thinking "grammer" but now after reading your previous post(Witch).......I get it:0)

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
ric,

OK guys....I'll bite and ask the stupid questions. What ARE Homophones and WHAT do they have to do with the Wizard Of OZ???

Homophones are words that sound alike but with different meanings and spellings. Words like To, Too, or Two or Their, There or They're or witch or which.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Homophones are words that sound alike but with different meanings and spellings. Words like To, Too, or Two or Their, There or They're or witch or which.

ric,

Or "grammer" and "grammar":0)

What would we do without spellcheckers(or Google:0)

Unforunately, artificial intelligence has not been integrated with all spellchecker software yet or it could "fix homophones":0)

Justwerkit

Forum Newbie
Threads
I used to work for a mortgage services company which is a company the big banks use ( banks don't like to hire small businesses)to maintain and repair properties owned by the bank to get ready for sale. My employer had many subcontractors who may have maintained the properties but did not follow all directions to the T and usually would not be paid for their work. Another problem was our company did not have enough contractors to cover the thousands of work orders in certain areas. This also hurt our contractors, they would accept the work because of pressure to do so and then fall behind on all of their work. And last, our contractors who would only perform grass cuts on the banks properties would eventually go broke because the pay is low after you look at all of the expenses.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
I used to work for a mortgage services company which is a company the big banks use ( banks don't like to hire small businesses)to maintain and repair properties owned by the bank to get ready for sale. My employer had many subcontractors who may have maintained the properties but did not follow all directions to the T and usually would not be paid for their work. Another problem was our company did not have enough contractors to cover the thousands of work orders in certain areas. This also hurt our contractors, they would accept the work because of pressure to do so and then fall behind on all of their work. And last, our contractors who would only perform grass cuts on the banks properties would eventually go broke because the pay is low after you look at all of the expenses.

Well I talked to a couple of guys that do a couple of foreclosures here in the sub-division and they told me by the time they figured expenses they were only making an average of about ten dollars a lawn and that they covered a 200 mile area. So at nearly 4 dollars a gallon for gas there not making any money.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Well I talked to a couple of guys that do a couple of foreclosures here in the sub-division and they told me by the time they figured expenses they were only making an average of about ten dollars a lawn and that they covered a 200 mile area. So at nearly 4 dollars a gallon for gas there not making any money.

It is hard to make money doing foreclosures. It is best for a wife and husband team. If you have to pay a helper you won't make anything.
I get $45 per yard and sub them out for $35 to local company's. just got a contract from A 2 Z For HUD homes 30 yards within 25 miles of my house took us two days. X

CauZey

Threads
It is hard to make money doing foreclosures. It is best for a wife and husband team. If you have to pay a helper you won't make anything.
I get $45 per yard and sub them out for $35 to local company's. just got a contract from A 2 Z For HUD homes 30 yards within 25 miles of my house took us two days. X

Sweet! How many people work with you or is it just you?