Clean your cooling fins yearly

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
The folks around me with chickens lose a lot of them to owls, hawks and coyotes. The deer hunters have taken care of a lot of the coyote but we still hear them occasionally at night. Last year the raccoons about wiped out the sweet corn. I shot 4 in my yard last year. They were out in middle of the day acting weird. Time to go! Anybody else got the Honeysuckle invasion? We call it the Kudzu of the north

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
No, but I trade some poison ivy. Honeysuckle I can deal with, poison ivy I can't. Although the spray works wonders on it.

Hawks can be a problem but I taken out most them here but only certain ones that do the dirty work. Owls are not a problem as I keep chickens fasten up at night. I havent seen coyotes but do hear a lot foxes and even took one out.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Pramitol and glysophate salt has taken care of the poison ivy. Tordon on the Honeysuckle. Better landscaping through chemistry.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
One night the dogs were barking at around 2 AM, I shined the spotlight down at the pond about 100 yards away, and sure enough i see the orangeish glow of fox eyes, i went back inside, grabbed my Mossberg 88 which i keep Federal premium #2 buck in. And a red predator light on it. I walk to to the pond and about 50 yards before i got to it i started shining that red light, it hit the fox in the eyes so i kept it on him, while he was looking at me.. I got to about 15 yards and that fox never moved and i blasted him. I guess the red light was disorienting to him or something..