Christmas

Honey

Threads
Is everyone ready for Christmas? Are you staying home or going to visit family in another state? We are staying home this year and family is coming to us.

Hershey

Threads
We're as ready as ready can be. We tend to keep it pretty calm, to be honest, and we try to enjoy the day for what it is intended to be. We do love the holiday.

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I will be ready in about 8 days... I always wait to the last min...

Have the whole day to spend with family and friends then... :smile:KennyV

Honey

Threads
All I have left to do is groceries for the dinner, I want to do it last so I don't have to replace them again. We have a bit of a family night on Christmas Eve, so I need a fair bit of grub to accommodate that.

grnspot110

Threads
Went to my brother's last Saturday, I really don't like driving clear through Kansas City!!! :eek::mad::confused2: Wife & I , & Chief will go across town to Mom's Christmas day for dinner (Noon). :smile: ~~ grnspot110

JDgreen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Is everyone ready for Christmas? Are you staying home or going to visit family in another state? We are staying home this year and family is coming to us.

Going to visit wife's folks Xmas Day...a half hour drive. Have not sent out cards, put up a tree, no outside lites, etc. Only got gifts for my two nephews and our 4 cats so far...sorry if I sound like a grump but Xmas is too commercial for my liking, seems the ads hype it up like you have to spend multibucks to make it seem like a real holiday. Bah, humbug to that idea.

Twinkle

Threads
We're trying something a bit different foodwise - pot luck! The idea started when I agreed to host the family but nobody could agree on what to serve. It makes sense that if we all have our favourite dishes then we all make (and share) them! I'm hoping this doesn't turn into a major disaster!:laughing:

Honey

Threads
We started a few years ago doing potluck, it is cheaper and at least everyone likes at least one thing. It got too expensive planning and paying for a meal for 50+ people.

Driller

Threads
We're as ready as ready can be, but then we aren't doing anything more than the normal craziness. We love to enjoy Christmas Eve together and with everyone else on the day.

Honey

Threads
I am officially behind and I am afraid my husband is going to have to pick up the slack because I am not feeling the greatest, until I start feeling better he is going to have to finish my list.