Checking tire pressure

72cut

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a toro zero turn. Went to check pressure in front tires the other day. Could not affix gauge to stem to save my life. Had to take tires off and even then I had to bend the stem to fit gauge and pump. Clearly I can't do this every time. Design flaw? Anyone else have this problem?

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
The short answer is Yes. Those 4 inch rim tires with straight valve stems are almost impossible to check let alone get the air chuck on them and off without loosing all the air.

72cut

Forum Newbie
Threads
Is there a solution you are familiar with? Different size/type of tire? Thanks for your response. Also do they make tunes that size? Thanks

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Yes a right angle end on your air line
Even then it is not simple but at least the reminants of your hair will stay in place

Lawn Addict
Threads
Back in 2014 when I got my former Toro Timecutter, was same way on it's fronts. I was gonna cut a piece of the fork away to gain easier access. But then remembered my old & almost forgotten "pencil type" air gauge. That worked fine, & changed the end on my air hose. So that was solved, other that just having to get each wheel correctly oriented to access..

Lawn Addict
Threads
PS: You could put 90* valve stems in.. But check clearances first,.