changing blades on ZTr deck

raldem7

Threads
I will soon be replacing an old failing mower with a ztr. My old mower has been a real pain to get access to the deck for cleaning and maintenance of blades and pulleys. I am going to talk to a local distributor about a scag freedom z so I will get an idea of how deck access works for these models. There are other dealers (hustler, grasshopper, and others) but they are a bit further away.

Any advice on models that I should consider (or avoid) for easy deck access? Thanks!

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
You will be spending many more hours mowing than you will doing anything to the deck...I would be most concerned about how well the deck functions as a mower, and then the access for service...

There are some very poor designs on riders that are all but imposable to service.. But on about all the ZTR's service is much, much better... :smile:KennyV

twall

Lawn Addict
Threads
There are some very poor designs on riders that are all but imposable to service.. But on about all the ZTR's service is much, much better... :smile:KennyV

Snapper (and those built by Snapper or use their patents, like Wheel Horse did in the early 90's) RER's (although the OP isn't into this genre based on what they are looking at, but being in the 'general' category, it's all game) can [and are designed to] be stood on end [the entire tractor]- the most accessable deck in the world! :laughing:

rer

Threads
I have to agree. The stand on end feature comes in handy for almost everything.

173abn

Threads
grasshopper has the elec. deck lift,Kubota has a built in jack,eXmark has a jack that comes with the mower,DixieChopper has a lift deck and I'm sure there are others,T.S.C. and either Lowes or H.D. sells a MoJack either manual or elec. which works on ZTRs...russ