Chainsaw

monica123

Threads
Our chainsaw got wet, we didn't know it was left out in the rain, it there any suggestions for drying it out so it will work again?

Berniep

Threads
Our chainsaw got wet, we didn't know it was left out in the rain, it there any suggestions for drying it out so it will work again?

The average chainsaw can take a pretty good goose drowner without much trouble provided it was sitting upright, most of the water will run off it. Have you tried to start it? You might have to pull the spark plug lead off and dry it.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
Bernie is right - usually no problem if they get wet unless rain got into the filter and carb. I clean mine with a hose quite often and just careful not to get filter and carb wet. If it won't start just dry everything with a fan or compressor -- might need a new Spark Plug. It is possible that the shut off switch area is wet usually they just ground out the ignition and if that switch is wet ????

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
Rain is not going to hurt it :smile:, unless you always leave it in the rain...
Set it in the HEAT of the afternoon sun... it should dry it completely. :tongue:
I had a chain saw that was dropped into a lake once ... removed the spark plug blew it out with compressed air, sprayed it down with WD40 (that is BTW the only real good use for WD40)... Put in fresh fuel, it fired right up and has ran for years after that... KennyV