Center Blade on my ZT1 50inch

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First the you shouldn't easily turn the center spindle with the belt engaged as this mower has a full engagement of the deck at all times. If you can something is out of whack. I do realize there is less belt contact with the center spindle pulley but there still be considerable resistance. It may that the center pulley is loose on the spindle, not torqued to spec.

Another thing to try is slowing a little when moving through heavy giving the mower time to cut the grass. Got to give it time to cut and clear the deck.

Just pickup with one these mower so I really have got try it out on my own lawn but this what suspect as many mowers have problems with extra tall grass, even some the big commercial mowers. Even with it low hours I still had the ilder arm and one of the idler pulleys.

Mower King

Threads
Removing the deck is quick and easy. The manual says to run engine at maximum RPM's and thats how its been operated each time. And this mower has no tachometer.
We are a Cub Cadet dealer, among other brands also, and most all the Cub Cadets that we uncrate, the rpm's are well below of the recommend spec, which is 3600 rpm. The engine rpm dictates how fast the blades spin, as long as everything else is correct, belt, belt tension,pulleys,spindles,etc.
Engine rpm makes a HUGE difference and, just because your at WOT, doesn't mean your at 3600 rpm.

couchmusician

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks for all the input fellas. One thing I forgot to mention was this. On the very first mowing job I had, just slightly over an acre and a mix of weeds [not excessive] and grass, I was almost thru and all of a sudden the forward motion stopped. Long story short, the long spring that is visible under the seat came loose. Finally figured out where to attach it on the frame.The rear end was attached. I read a post last evening about the same thing from another poster. Is this a common occurance? I verified my connection by stopping at a dealer and raising the seat and taking a peak. What about blade quality. I was reading a post about blades and the Oregon brand kept popping up. Any thoughts on that. By the way, I always carry a battery powered grinder for on site use if necessary.