Center Blade on my ZT1 50inch

couchmusician

Forum Newbie
Threads
The outer blades are difficult to rotate manually as opposed to the center blade that can be spun very easily manually. Is this normal?

Mower King

Threads
The outer blades are difficult to rotate manually as opposed to the center blade that can be spun very easily manually. Is this normal?
Yes....some mowers do that, some spindle pulleys have more belt going further around them than others.

couchmusician

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thanks, that makes sense.My reason for inquiring is because when mowing thru tall heavy grass the center blade does not cut as clean as the outer blades which requires a second pass thru the same area. Thoughts anyone?

Mower King

Threads
Thanks, that makes sense.My reason for inquiring is because when mowing thru tall heavy grass the center blade does not cut as clean as the outer blades which requires a second pass thru the same area. Thoughts anyone?
The 5 things that make a good cut: 1st - sharp blades, 2nd - bottom of deck not packed full of grass, 3rd - level deck, 4th - engine RPM is to spec, 5th - not cutting too much/tall of grass at one time!

You did state "mowing thru tall heavy grass"......ding,ding,ding.....we have a winner, you answered your own question!

couchmusician

Forum Newbie
Threads
Your interpretation of tall/heavy grass is probably different than mine.Besides, the outer blades handle it quiet well, so the gentleman who responded first had the most logical explanation. I'm going with that. I'm going to explore for a way to increase the friction on that particular pulley, such as a tape that has a coarse surface. Just a thought. I really like this mower and have been trying to contact "cub cadet" by phone and email but to no avail. Numerous phone calls and I finally found an email contact address [3 weeks ago] and sent my inquiry but have heard nothing. Has anyone else had this contacting issue?

Mower King

Threads
Your interpretation of tall/heavy grass is probably different than mine.Besides, the outer blades handle it quiet well, so the gentleman who responded first had the most logical explanation. I'm going with that. I'm going to explore for a way to increase the friction on that particular pulley, such as a tape that has a coarse surface. Just a thought. I really like this mower and have been trying to contact "cub cadet" by phone and email but to no avail. Numerous phone calls and I finally found an email contact address [3 weeks ago] and sent my inquiry but have heard nothing. Has anyone else had this contacting issue?
If you do ALL 5 things I posted in my last post, you'll be mowing better than before.....you can't be focused on just one thing!

couchmusician

Forum Newbie
Threads
All 5 things are in order. This is a brand new mower, only 12 hours. Purchased last month. I remove the mower after each job and thoroughly clean the underside.

Mower King

Threads
All 5 things are in order. This is a brand new mower, only 12 hours. Purchased last month. I remove the mower after each job and thoroughly clean the underside.
I wouldn't remove the deck to clean the bottom of the deck but, you can do it that way. Have you checked your rpm's?

couchmusician

Forum Newbie
Threads
Removing the deck is quick and easy. The manual says to run engine at maximum RPM's and thats how its been operated each time. And this mower has no tachometer.