Carburetor rebuild kit John Deere SRX75

Gene123

Threads
Where can I get a carburetor rebuild kit for a John Deere SRX75 30" riding mower?

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is a briggs, kohler, honda, you can get the numbers off the engine and get one from any dealer. If kawasaki they you will have to go to JD.

okiepc

Threads
It has to be a Kawasaki & you will have to go to JD

Gene123

Threads
It has to be a Kawasaki & you will have to go to JD

Thanks, Okiepc. I just bought the SRX75 Saturday. The ad said "$175, needs some work." Today I tinkered with it a little. You are right --- it is the Kawasaki engine, 9hp (code FC290V-CS10). I drained the oil. It had lots of gasoline in it. I figured the needle and seat failed causing that. Can I just get a new needle and seat? Or, do I have to get the expensive carburetor rebuild kit from JD? Another question: I'm puzzled why I can't see the oil level on the dipstick to come up to normal. I put in one fresh quart, then kept adding and checking. After two quarts were put in, the dipstick still showed only about a quarter inch. Could the previous owner have badly damaged something by running it with gas in the oil? :eek: He said it started smoking, and he turned it off immediately. I know nothing about this mower. :confused2: I need an owners manual and a factory service manual --- was hoping I could download them in the form of a pdf online, but I haven't been able to find them. ..... Found hundreds of pages of Lawn Boy data, though. Old two cycle Lawn Boys are fantastic little machines that last a long, long time.

Gene123

Threads
If it is a briggs, kohler, honda, you can get the numbers off the engine and get one from any dealer. If kawasaki they you will have to go to JD.

It's nice to see someone with your credentials on the forum, Ilengine. Your helpful advice will be appreciated by many. :thumbsup:

okiepc

Threads
Thanks, Okiepc. I just bought the SRX75 Saturday. The ad said "$175, needs some work." Today I tinkered with it a little. You are right --- it is the Kawasaki engine, 9hp (code FC290V-CS10). I drained the oil. It had lots of gasoline in it. I figured the needle and seat failed causing that. Can I just get a new needle and seat? Or, do I have to get the expensive carburetor rebuild kit from JD? Another question: I'm puzzled why I can't see the oil level on the dipstick to come up to normal. I put in one fresh quart, then kept adding and checking. After two quarts were put in, the dipstick still showed only about a quarter inch. Could the previous owner have badly damaged something by running it with gas in the oil? :eek: He said it started smoking, and he turned it off immediately. I know nothing about this mower. :confused2: I need an owners manual and a factory service manual --- was hoping I could download them in the form of a pdf online, but I haven't been able to find them. ..... Found hundreds of pages of Lawn Boy data, though. Old two cycle Lawn Boys are fantastic little machines that last a long, long time.

I downloaded a complete manual for $9.99, I mean the service shop manual, it has everything. I will look up the site & get back with you.

okiepc

Threads
I looked at my service manual & it states the SRX75 oil capacity is 1.16 quarts or 1.1 L, so where is the oil going?:eek:

Gene123

Threads
I downloaded a complete manual for $9.99, I mean the service shop manual, it has everything. I will look up the site & get back with you.

Thanks, okiepc. I stopped at a large JD dealership in McKinney, Tx on the way home after I bought the SRX75. They didn't have the carb kit or manuals for it. They said they could order them. It was much too expensive for me. I'm retired living on a small SS budget. I hope I can get my SRX75 running without spending much. It has become difficult for me to use a push mower. I'm using a lightweight, 19" Lawn Boy. It's great, but I'm feeling my age. Where are you in Oklahoma? I'm in Texas, just about 40 minutes south of the Red River.

Gene123

Threads