Carburetor Part Number - Briggs & Stratton

Reinman

Threads
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a B&S model 12J802-2369-B1 engine. Need a carb and the B&S site part look up has the part number as 194146. I can't find this anywhere to purchase. Is there an alternative I can use because it's not available on eBay or Amazon. Or do I need to look somewhere else?

Thank you so much !!!!!

GetTechnicalWithJd

Threads
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a B&S model 12J802-2369-B1 engine. Need a carb and the B&S site part look up has the part number as 194146. I can't find this anywhere to purchase. Is there an alternative I can use because it's not available on eBay or Amazon. Or do I need to look somewhere else?

Thank you so much !!!!!

194146 is not a B&S part number.
Correct part number for you MTT is 694146

1669354272456.png

Reinman

Threads
Thanks. Sorry I typed it in wrong in the question. 694146 is the part I cannot find anywhere.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Briggs dealer site shows it as NLA. No longer available.

Reinman

Threads
Do you know if there is an alternative and to find?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And Briggs after bankruptcy attitude stinks. Sorry just my personal opinion. Like Power Distributors demanding you buy a certain amount every year if you need it or not.

I am finding a lot parts that NLA now that they pushing to just sell new engines and plus they really support lifetime to five years or less. What they are going to do is push the consumer and manufactures to other brands of engines. I have already seen a major change in the number of Briggs engines coming into the shop now. This attitude being taken by other manufacture too. O got a customer with a very nice ZTR that is 22 yrs old that I can not get any parts for and that one is manufactured by Husqvarna.

The OP might try the following choke carb and remove the choke vane. It should still have the primer function path. Might have to swap the fuel bowl retainer as it is the main jet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/3739022000...MIqZr8kbDJ-wIVuRTUAR175QzzEAQYAyABEgK9TvD_BwE

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Briggs market share has tanked over the last few years.. Even before the financial issues. At one time they were like 66% of the market, and with what I am seeing now, I suspect it is now closer to 15% For me the last couple years, engine repairs have been minimal on both Briggs and Kohler engines, with a lot more Kawasaki. I would say at this point that Briggs is now less than 5% of all the engine repair work I do. Most of my repair work is equipment related and not engine related.

And repair invoices are just going up I have had a rash of people digging out their chainsaws that haven't been ran in a few years, and minor repair work is cost effective, but since they have set the chain links and bar sprocket have froze up. When you add those items to the repair it is no longer a feasible repair. So can't even repair chainsaws if they also require a new bar and chain. Just had a 45cc Homelite the other day. Needed a new $30 ignition module and replacement fuel lines and primer bulb. That alone is not a bad repair cost, but a new bar and 2 chains pushes the repair bill to $173.

Reinman

Threads
And Briggs after bankruptcy attitude stinks. Sorry just my personal opinion. Like Power Distributors demanding you buy a certain amount every year if you need it or not.

I am finding a lot parts that NLA now that they pushing to just sell new engines and plus they really support lifetime to five years or less. What they are going to do is push the consumer and manufactures to other brands of engines. I have already seen a major change in the number of Briggs engines coming into the shop now. This attitude being taken by other manufacture too. O got a customer with a very nice ZTR that is 22 yrs old that I can not get any parts for and that one is manufactured by Husqvarna.

The OP might try the following choke carb and remove the choke vane. It should still have the primer function path. Might have to swap the fuel bowl retainer as it is the main jet.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373902200044?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:17OrqUyIXRfmYNcJ6OK8c8A94&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=373902200044&targetid=&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9013163&poi=&campaignid=17597089569&mkgroupid=&rlsatarget=&abcId=9300988&merchantid=511589505&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqZr8kbDJ-wIVuRTUAR175QzzEAQYAyABEgK9TvD_BwEThought
Briggs market share has tanked over the last few years.. Even before the financial issues. At one time they were like 66% of the market, and with what I am seeing now, I suspect it is now closer to 15% For me the last couple years, engine repairs have been minimal on both Briggs and Kohler engines, with a lot more Kawasaki. I would say at this point that Briggs is now less than 5% of all the engine repair work I do. Most of my repair work is equipment related and not engine related.

And repair invoices are just going up I have had a rash of people digging out their chainsaws that haven't been ran in a few years, and minor repair work is cost effective, but since they have set the chain links and bar sprocket have froze up. When you add those items to the repair it is no longer a feasible repair. So can't even repair chainsaws if they also require a new bar and chain. Just had a 45cc Homelite the other day. Needed a new $30 ignition module and replacement fuel lines and primer bulb. That alone is not a bad repair cost, but a new bar and 2 chains pushes the repair bill to $173.
Thought it was just me - thanks for the info.

Reinman

Threads

https://www.ebay.com/itm/373902200044?chn=ps&_trkparms=ispr=1&amdata=enc:17OrqUyIXRfmYNcJ6OK8c8A94&norover=1&mkevt=1&mkrid=711-117182-37290-0&mkcid=2&mkscid=101&itemid=373902200044&targetid=&device=c&mktype=pla&googleloc=9013163&poi=&campaignid=17597089569&mkgroupid=&rlsatarget=&abcId=9300988&merchantid=511589505&gclid=EAIaIQobChMIqZr8kbDJ-wIVuRTUAR175QzzEAQYAyABEgK9TvD_BwE
Will try - thank you !!

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads

Unless it is a stihl or husqvarna saw if it needs anything more than cleaning the carb and fuel lines i tell people to just take $200 down the road 8 miles to the stihl dealer and buy a MS170 because they are already over $100 with me. Just get a new saw that is the right color.