Carburetor Part Number - Briggs & Stratton

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And repair invoices are just going up I have had a rash of people digging out their chainsaws that haven't been ran in a few years, and minor repair work is cost effective, but since they have set the chain links and bar sprocket have froze up. When you add those items to the repair it is no longer a feasible repair. So can't even repair chainsaws if they also require a new bar and chain. Just had a 45cc Homelite the other day. Needed a new $30 ignition module and replacement fuel lines and primer bulb. That alone is not a bad repair cost, but a new bar and 2 chains pushes the repair bill to $173.
I explain this way to customers. The chain, bar, and drive clutch drum (spur drum) are normal wear items that the customer should be expecting to replace as normal maintenance items. It is just like blades and belts are normal wear items and are part of normal maintenance.

Yes I got customers that complain about costs and some that want to remove drive links to extend the life of a chain. Well doing that is just asking for more problems like drive links jumping drive teeth. And I got customers that get every bit of use out some chains. Once the chains are worn to a point I call them dirt chains and that I only sharpen them for that purpose.

Luckily most of my customers understand that actual repair costs don't include chains, bars, and drive clutch drums. Those are extra.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Do you know if there is an alternative and to find?
Back on topic.
There is nothing magic or special about your original carb
It is nothing more than a tube to mix fuel with air and a valve to control how much is allowed to enter the engine
Thus any carb can be made to fit and run
Your engine number brings up 2 different types of carbs
One has a choke ( always preffered ) and the other is an air prime type
I regularly replace the primer type with the choke type because the air prime system gives a lot of grief particularly if the filter housing is less than perfect .
I can get a whole replacement carb from China ( via Alibaba not ebay or amazon ) for 1/2 the price of the replacement filter housing
Any carb with a gasket the EXACT same shape as yours will physically fit perfectly and bolt up so that is easy
NB there are 2 gaskets that are slightly different & fitting the wrong one requires cutting a a bit of the mounting rib off the air filter housing the key is the position of the holes for the positioning pins.
For the choke I have found a keyring works perfectly .
So the information given by Star will work well
That particular choke is not spring loaded so will not automatically turn off after the engine starts you have to push & pull it to turn it on & off .
IT is just a matter of finding some sort of connection that works for you
I have fitted an aftermarket choke cable for an elderly man who had difficulties bending over to turn the choke on & off

Reinman

Threads
Hoping someone can point me in the right direction. I have a B&S model 12J802-2369-B1 engine. Need a carb and the B&S site part look up has the part number as 194146. I can't find this anywhere to purchase. Is there an alternative I can use because it's not available on eBay or Amazon. Or do I need to look somewhere else?

Thank you so much !!!!!
BTW - I found an alternative. I was cleaning another engine and the carb looked familiar to me. It is a B&S 799868. Almost exactly as the 694146. Only difference is the linkage attaches to a plastic part instead of a metal one.