Carburetor on Predator 15.8 HP 459 CC

Fnu Lnu

Forum Newbie
Threads
Would anyone know very much about the Predator 15.8 HP (459cc) Max Performance OHV Horizontal Shaft Gas Engine? I am looking for specifics like;
Who actually manufactures this engine?
What Carburetor (rebuild kit?) is on this engine?
What air filter is on this engine?

I bought a used A-iPower SUA12000E generator that uses this engine. Based on issues that I have recently had with some of my other gasoline (I only use real gasoline, Not automotive gasoline with corn alcohol which deteriorates a carburetor's seals and gaskets) powered equipment I would like to stock an extra carburetor and an extra carburetor overhaul kit just in case I need it.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
like Craftsman Predators are a shop name.
Most of the ones I have seen down here are Loncins but I have seen a few Ducars on garden shredders
The bulk of the generic Chinese made engines are derived from Hondas
If you are going to copy some thing you would copy the best engines not the worst ones.
Honda has been making engines in China way before B & S started to so there was already factories making crank shafts, pistons, carbs etc .
Some where on the crank case will be some numbers usually spark eroded dots
If you can find them & post them then perhaps one of the techs can work out what the engine is .
By and large Chinese engines are made to be throw aways

Forest#2

Threads
I've wrestled with your China gen engine issues.
What I done for spare carb and parts. (plus other parts)

I compared the Predator engine I'm looking at to Honda engines and parts by visual/cc's, etc, and then for a spare carb I found Honda clone carb. Usually looking at fleece bay where they have several pictures of such. You have to keep a heads up about getting the correct choke lever. Some of the clone carbs come with convertible choke levers. (the choke lever on them is usually a long plastic lever that reaches up over the top of the air filter cover.
I've found that during storage of the clone gen carbs I store them when not being used by sending a strong mix of ATF fluid to the carb bowl. I just remove the 10mm drain plug from the carb and drain the ATF before sending fuel for a run. Works great for me. I also mix little bit of ATF into the gas left in the metal gas tanks to reduce rusting.

Same for the replacement air filter. compare to Honda.

I've even used real Honda valves and push rods in the Honda clone emergency gen engines. (the clone engine valve train is really wimpy and weak is why I used the used Honda stuff and only doing this when I had access to all from my small engine salvage parts) Honda engine parts other than carbs are pricy.

I try to stay away from China clone gens because as bertsmobile says, they are junk and really not made to be fixed and depending on a China Clone gen during an emergency is not a good thing. Mixing the name emergency use and China made is not a good thing for your own use.