carbureter cock up.

builderpete

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've just taken apart my carb on my ECHO 2306 strimmer. No problems there. Cleaned it all up and tried to re'assemble. There the problems started. The carb bolts onto a plastic block (don't know what it's called) with 2 nuts inserted loosly in the back to take the bolts which hold on the carb, (which I took off and also cleaned). I bolted back on the block making sure the nuts were in place at the back. When I came to bolt on the carb the bolts which also hold the air filter were not now long enough ( about 5 mm short) to pick up the nuts on the back of the plastic block. Please tell me how I have re-assembled the parts so wrongly that I cannot bolt on the carb. Obviously I'm not a great mechanic but quite a good bricklayer. Thanking you for any advice.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Grab them with tweezers and pull them out
The holes that the bolt heads go into are quite deep
You might have to rotate the bolts a little for the heads to fully engage with the hex holes.
If they won't come out pull the manifold off and see if they have been caught in the wrong place .

builderpete

Forum Newbie
Threads
Grab them with tweezers and pull them out
The holes that the bolt heads go into are quite deep
You might have to rotate the bolts a little for the heads to fully engage with the hex holes.
If they won't come out pull the manifold off and see if they have been caught in the wrong place .
Thanks but I did try that. After a nights sleep I had another look and found out that I was trying to re-assemble with the choke block tha wrong way round. Then it went back easy. Like I said I'm a rubbish mechanic but thanks for the advice anyway, gratefully received.