Carb linkage

campingpr

Forum Newbie
Threads
Politely ask? Holy crap you really are a front runner for a Darwin Award. I guess you must be thin skinned reading my original post. Can't seem to find anything impolite in it. Is this how you help people by insulting them right out of the gate? "COVID-19 has shut down all the psychic powers of all the techs on this forum"
Is that really how you start off by helping someone? Trust me it's all in the delivery and yours sucks. So yeah try again. Don't be a punk!
At least he didn't go all "Will Smith" on you!

mmoffitt

Threads
Your response has me wondering if you are just too young to understand what is needed to help people on this forum or have no clue as to what you are doing. You sound like someone who thinks the world revolves around you and we should do your bidding. Even when you’ve been asked to provide engine numbers, you would rather resort to act like a teenage who wants it their way and wants it now. If you do provide us with numbers I’m sure someone will bow to your stupidity and try to help you. When you grow up and act like a reasonable person you might get a little more respect, but not from me. I for one won’t waste my time or experience in giving you anything more than what you really deserve, a lesson from someone who is one step smarter than you. I can tell you there are two linkages on your unit, a throttle linkage connected to either the governor control or throttle plate and a choke linkage connected to the choke plate. Plus you will have a throttle control spring connected between the throttle plate and governor arm. I hope you a smart enough to understand this, or you’ve really got problems.
A newbie! and sensitive at that... Everyone have a nice day

Kirok

Threads
This post was painful to read. Wow!
I'm just trying to get a solution to my problem. Last thing I would want to do is bury myself. Though it may have come across as such. This guy Rivet just seemed to be more about his ego(my opinion) then giving me any real help.

Kirok

Threads
A newbie! and sensitive at that... Everyone have a nice day
Who is sensitive MOFFIT? Listen I came here for help, not get into a pissing contest with anyone. Not sure why you seem to figure that someone looking for some help, you think it's OK for someone, in this case Rivet to act like a wise ass in the first reply. If I want funny I would join a joke forum. Make sense?

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
A lot of these guys are paid Techs. They work at or run their own repair shops and take time out of their busy day to help people for Free.
It is a HUGE help when people post equipment ID numbers and especially pictures or videos of the problem. In our New Members section, there is a pinned topic with multiple ways to find your equipment numbers.

Kirok

Threads
A lot of these guys are paid Techs. They work at or run their own repair shops and take time out of their busy day to help people for Free.
It is a HUGE help when people post equipment ID numbers and especially pictures or videos of the problem. In our New Members section, there is a pinned topic with multiple ways to find your equipment numbers.
If Rivet just had of been straight forward in asking me for that info, I would have been more then happy to do so. I'm not going to question anyone's expertise. That is why I came to this forum, but his first reply was just the wrong approach. Trust me if you or anyone else went into some tech forum looking for help, because something you were doing wasn't in your wheelhouse and you got an opening smart ass answer, you would probably be kind of miffed. That's all it is in a nutshell.

muddy51

Threads
As Scrub said, all of these guys are very knowledgeable when it comes to small engines and equipment. They volunteer their services on this forum. I read and learn a lot on this forum though I mostly lurk rather that waste their time, which is what you are doing. Probably 95% of the first posters here don't supply the numbers or pics that are necessary to help you solve your problem. Remember, you asked them for help. I can tell you are inexperienced and new to this. I'm 70 years old and have done all the service on numerous lawn mowers, chain saws, edgers, weed eaters, motorcycles, automobiles and trucks etc. These guys all know a lot more than I do. God gave you 1 mouth and 2 ears because he expects you to listen twice as much as talk. Mouths are to ask questions and ears are to hear answers. That's how you learn. What was the first symptom that something was wrong with your mower. Running wide open from a faulty governor?

SamB

Threads
I'd be figuring how to post some photos so people here aren't doing this:

Crystal Ball Gazing for 2017 - WyzGuys Cybersecurity190 × 265
I see a problem in this pic,this guy isn't getting any of the monkeys to help! (they are a lazy bunch!)
At least,the WWotW is getting one monkey to help and advise her.

Attachments

• Ball.jpg
    Ball.jpg
    31.1 KB · Views: 1
Last edited: