Cam shaft from Amazon

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I tried five of those Amazon aftermarket 793880 camshafts. They were junk. Two had to be filed to even to even get them to fit and three failed with 90 days of use. I still got two in the box here but I probably just going to trash them as it is a waste of my time because I am having to rework the repairs at cost as I gave the customer the choice of using OEM (having to wait until them came in) or taking a chance. All three customers agreed it was a mistake to go with the aftermarket cams.

BTW the two I had to file I couldn't contact the Amazon vendor as they closed and open back under another vendor name. One heck of a con.

It bad enough that even the Briggs 793880 superseded to 84005207 is a poor design but at they hold up a lot better. What worst is the last time I checked they were on back order until after Christmas. At least I got two OEM on hand and only seen one failure this year and it was one of aftermarket ones I installed.
Hey @StarTech Here is some more sarcastic good news on the camshafts. The new ETA is now .3/14/2023

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hey @StarTech Here is some more sarcastic good news on the camshafts. The new ETA is now .3/14/2023
I just wonder when are they going their doors for good. Customer waiting all Summer to get their mowers back and then Briggs put push back the orders another three months. I just see if the customers are willing for me to install an Kohler engine. At least I can get parts for them yet.

Every OEM vendor seems to be dragging their feet lately on parts but still selling new machines. It seems that they just screwing the customers over now.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
IMHO I believe that a lot of companies are using covid / Ukranian war / China trade restrictions to make old gear redundant and force every one to replace their mower / motorcycle / car / boat / truck / fridge / washer etc etc etc .
And of course because every person in management is an accountant they believe that the numbers on their spread sheets are real so if you can not get a part for one of their old products you will naturally go out & buy one of their new products .
The idea that customers are people who might get angry about this situation so go buy one of their competitors products and never buy any of theirs again never occurs to them because all they have to do is drop a mill or two on some You tube hero to endorse their product and the mindless masses will flock to buy them .
I waited 22 months for Mitsubishi to get a Mass Air Flow Meter in for my L300 ( 1.5 ton 5 door van ) .
The parts man rang me a month ago to tell me they are in stock now for $ 325 and they have one waiting for me .
HE got really angry when I said as Mitsubishi don't keep parts I have bought a brand new Great Wall

The truth is I got one off Alli-Baba for $ 60 + freight & the only difference between it and the one in the van is it has some marks where they removed Mitsubishi & the diamond logo from the mould .
And this happened when I finally got an expected delivery date that was 6 months out which became 18 months
Over the 22 months I got bombarded with "special deals" on Mitsubishi commercial vehicles

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
To me that is what happening as they are profiteering off fear. The problem it that these big don't think anyone else can make a clone of their products. I just recently had 22 Yazoo ZTR mower(actually a Husqvarna ZTR redressed) that they decided not to sell parts anymore trying to force the customer to buy a new ZTR. Well Rotary had the idler pulleys that Husqvarna would not sell and I use a beer can to repair the idler arm bushing problem. Last it was TSC here saying a kid's ATV that was only 9 months had no parts available yet when I walked into their local store there was a new one that they just unboxing of the same exact model.

These last few years has really made me good at figuring out how to get around most OEM high prices and the so-called no longer available parts. These OEMs don't realize that many of us that been in business for some time have figure things out how find parts at better prices that are of the same quality as the ones they sell; sometimes, by buying direct from their source.

I just became a dealer for Rotary but as with all vendors some parts are at better prices and others not so good of a price. I tend to use my database to my advantage by having multiple cross references for each part. Just got be careful of mismatch crosses.

I actually just cancelled a couple back order Stihl items that were already out 4+ months and sold the customer another brand of string trimmer.

And now companies are just collecting out email addresses to bombard us with junk mail. To stop this here is now I started using disposable email addresses as I hate junk mail. I even had places to demand my mobile phone number. They can't get it through their heads that I don't have one.

This site bombard me with ads. Right now my ad blocker is showing 250 ads blocked.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Non family owned businesses are most run by graduate accountants with MBA's and none of them have done any real work since they left high school
Even fewer have any contact with real middle class let alone working class people .
Their heads are stuffed full of theories formulated from highly flawed economic assumptions .
So some shinny bum works up a spread sheet showing how his brilliant idea will generate X millions of extra profit and the rest of the silver spoons just nod their heads and work out a bonus structure based around the extra profits .
Perfect example is the biggest Telco down here Telstra, stopped accepting cheque payments through the post office for land lines & mobiles and with mobiles will only accept an on line payment full stop .
This is because the PO charged $ 4.20 to do the transaction so when the 200,000 stopped using cheques they would save $ 840,000 a month in fees justifing Mr Shinny Bums extra bonus of $ 20,000 / month.
The thought that if I now had no option but to use some form of on line payment then I could go to one of their competitors never crossed their minds. They lost over 100,000 customers so for me that was $45 / month for mobile and $ 55 for the landline
I signed up with one of their resellers so get the same service but I now pay $ 12.00 / month to the reseller for the mobile who obviously takes a cut so they would now be getting no more than $ 10 / month. thus loosing $ 35 / month to avoid paying a $ 4.20 a month fee .
The land line is now disconnected .
But if you include this that makes a $90 / month of lost income .
They have just recorded their 3rd year of decreasing total revenue .
Every other telco is showing an increase in total revenue yet they blamed Covid for their drop .

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
Latest on the backordered 84005207 camshafts is my backordered camshafts are shipping today. So it looks like they are coming about 6 months before expected.

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Latest on the backordered 84005207 camshafts is my backordered camshafts are shipping today. So it looks like they are coming about 6 months before expected.
Now if only the parcel delivery service doesn't screw up......

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Now if only the parcel delivery service doesn't screw up......
Wouldn't like to a few days vacation like the packages do sometimes. I one to go to CA twice before I finally got it. That was the USPS that did that one. And UPS has sent two my packages to Montgomery, AL from Nashville.TN. Then they went back to Nashville and then Tullahoma. Boy I could have enjoy a day off going to Alabama.