Buying Parts, Accessories

KM Richards

Threads
I purchased my Toro TimeCutter MX 5475 in June of 2020 for mowing my large yard (little over an acre), and the blades are already not cutting as good as they were, so I guess they need to be replaced.

Figured I'd go ahead and get some belts to have on hand, maybe some belt tensioners as well.

So, where are the best websites with the best deals and best coverage for all the parts one will need for their mowers?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First you need look-up your machine on Toro's website and the serial number range. Usually it is better if you use five digit model number of the mower or longer for accessories.

Toro Master PartsViewer

Example>
1652784461111.png
Then you can search by PN for the best deals on the particular parts you need.

As blades they you wear out but they can usually be sharpen a few times just depends how they are worn.

KM Richards

Threads
I've already downloaded the Toro manual along with the complete parts list.

I'm interested in finding out where I can buy parts from vendors other than Toro.

I'm thinking in terms of how things are with automotive parts...there's many options online for purchasing parts.

Just curious if there are some well know and reliable parts places online for lawn mower parts and accessories.

KM Richards

Threads
OK, thanks. I had search and saw numerous options.

I was just curious if anyone hear could make recommendations based on knowledge that a particular vendor is good to work with.

Thought I'd ask since some of the guys on here work with this equipment as a business and prob ably have to buy parts frequently and have had good service with a particular vendor that felt comfortable being able to recommend

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Usually a franchise dealer can not sell aftermarket parts for the franchised brands
SO a Toro dealer can not sell aftermarket Toro parts
Add to that Toro ( or any other maker ) may refuse to supply parts to a distributor if they also distribute after market parts for their brand.
So for instance I can not get many aftermarket Kohler parts any more because my distributor sells genuine Kohler parts .
Prime Line ( one Star forgot ) sell a lot of Kohler aftermarket parts but they left Australia 10 years ago so I can only get Prime Line parts retail .
All of the after market parts distributors have a "find a Dealer" option to find a dealer near you .
Big on line retailers like Jacks Small Engines or Parts Tree or Pro Parts are all in a similar boat
For them it is worth more money to sell the complete range of genuine parts rather than make a higher mark up on a smaller range of aftermarket parts .
Jacks , Pro Parts , E-replacement , Parts Tree , Messicks are all places I get parts from because they all seem to charge different prices for the same item and none of them are cheaper overall
And some times the aftermarket part is more expensive than genuine parts .
FWIW
Locally I have 2 wholesalers , 5 retailers ( get discounts from 2 of them ) plus the USA ones listed above I buy regularly from.
I also buy from 5 factories direct from China and one in Hong Kong ( although Dave does not seem to be there right now ) plus a distributor in China .
There is no single supplier that carries all of the parts and none that have the best price on everything .
I buy from people who sell good quality parts ( net necessarily the cheapest ) because I have to offer warranty on my repairs ( 3 months is manditory down here )

Last edited:

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
Based on how crappy some aftermarket parts are in many other industries, I'd stick with the real deal as to belts and tensioners. That said, have you inspected the blades to see if simply sharpening them will put them back in action or have you been whacking a lot of gravel, rocks, and branches?

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Didn't forget Primeline, It just not many of the sources I use sell their products anymore. I once use the vendors I mention quite a bit before I landed a couple OEM part distributors.

Right now it seems that everyone is being a problem one or the other. My Kohler, MTD, and Kawasaki distributor just jack the shc on every one of us that buy from them. They didn't even have the respect to tell any us until it was a done deal. Another one just jacked the convenience fee they are charging for the use of a credit card.

It is getting to where I have to check prices daily just to keep up with all the price increases. So I am spending more time pricing than actual work. And Bert said sometime after market are actually higher priced. It really depends what you needing at the time and how well you got cross references setup.

But all means try you best to buy quality parts at the best price.

KM Richards

Threads
I have no problem buying Toro parts... just wanted to know if there are some online retailers folks on the board here could recommend as being reliable, and good vendors to work with

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The ones I mentioned are all good
K & C is also good but I just never seem to order from them
Small engine warehouse & small engine suppliers are great for engine parts only , no mower parts
Jacks will show what is in stock BEFORE you place the order
Anything that comes up "ships in X days " means it is not a stocked part so good chance it will not be available when you want it .