Buying new mower

RandyMac

Forum Newbie
Threads
I need help. I want to buy a new mower soon. Anybody have any opinions about John Deere's Z600 series mowers. Any comments about the Briggs motor or the Parker drive system. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

WISCOPROUD

Threads
u dont want my opinion but hear it is. JD makes great Farm Equipment & thats all:laughing:

Threads
I need help. I want to buy a new mower soon. Anybody have any opinions about John Deere's Z600 series mowers. Any comments about the Briggs motor or the Parker drive system. Any advice would be welcomed. Thank you.

I think it would be a good mower. But how much land will you be mowing? If you got one already, did you get the Z600?

metz12

Threads
I dont like the look of zero turn mower cuts. I like the look of the garden tractors. Also if you pick up a side job like cutting wood or if you have to do a big amount of leaves then a trailer comes in handy. also if you want to slap a plow on there then you can do that too! They have great versatility unlike the zrero turns. I like craftsman with the kohler engine. 20hp or over. thats just my opinion though.

Threads
I dont like the look of zero turn mower cuts. I like the look of the garden tractors. Also if you pick up a side job like cutting wood or if you have to do a big amount of leaves then a trailer comes in handy. also if you want to slap a plow on there then you can do that too! They have great versatility unlike the zrero turns. I like craftsman with the kohler engine. 20hp or over. thats just my opinion though.

That is true, but ZTRs do have a lot of attachments....but garden tractors are traditionally made for them.
Look at all these attachments for ZTR's:
http://www.lawnmowerforum.com/general-mower-discussion/6474-zero-turn-attachments.html

ghessler26

Threads
WISCOPROUD said:
u dont want my opinion but hear it is. JD makes great Farm Equipment & thats all:laughing:

I agree with what you say.

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

I can't say i disagree too much with user WISCOPROUD. I looked at the Z600 series when I was buying my first ZTR in September and was disappointed that the Z600 had a 10 gauge stamped deck. For $6,000-$7,000 that's stinky(although the salesman tried to tell me JD had determined a stamped deck had a better cut than a welded fabricated deck). IMHO, the JD's(just like Ex-Marks) are way over-priced and you are paying for "the name" more than for the features.