Briggs Stratton XT 1750 upgrade from Kohler Courage 15 SV470

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
  • / Briggs Stratton XT 1750 upgrade from Kohler Courage 15 SV470
believe it or not at one time the Australian government wanted car makers to use only black or red wires in the looms to deter people stealing cars by hot wiring them
Thankfully every car company told them that they would withdraw from the Australian market if that became part of the ADR so that smart idea ended up where it belonged .

rakellermann

Forum Newbie
Threads
ON the mower side, there are actually 4 wires, one looks pink, (thinking it was red, based on engine side of plug), white, and three purple wires, yet two are in one prong. I am thinking the three would be tied together, as on engine side, there is a jumper for the purple wires.

So, thinking if I take the engine plug of old into mower plug, cut the wires and connect the lone red wire from new to the purple of old, black wire from new to the white of old, and grey from new to the red of old wire. Am I correct?
Hello ALL,
Swapped motor and spliced according, motor turned and really struggled to get gas, took air filter off, placed hand and it pulled fuel as could see in fuel filter. Seems to run but haven't tested fully under load yet, replacing belts. Question I now have, Kohler Courage had a vacuum type fuel pump, this BS motor does NOT, yet has fuel solenoid. Am I going to have to retrofit to pull fuel? I noticed it did struggle at times, like not getting enough fuel.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Well you are going to need a fuel pump as the fuel is being pull the fuel via the top side and no amount of gravity is going to push fuel uphill. Your lucky that the Briggs can have the dipstick tube changed out so a vacuum can be added. Use 697085 and the Kohler should had the hockey puck fuel pump so you can reuse it.

9:1 is your fuel pick up. PN 121-0793.

1685306375217.png
Fuel Pickup looks like this.
1685307089545.png

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
And I just thought something else that going to be a problem. The carburetor is setup for gravity fed system and the fuel pump will overload the float needle valve so t hat would also need changing out,

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
believe it or not at one time the Australian government wanted car makers to use only black or red wires in the looms to deter people stealing cars by hot wiring them
Thankfully every car company told them that they would withdraw from the Australian market if that became part of the ADR so that smart idea ended up where it belonged .
Well two might have been better than some the harnesses I use to deal where all the wires were one color (White). Definitely had to have the wiring schematics for those systems.