Briggs & Stratton 675 leaking oil

johnkruz

Forum Newbie
I have a Troy Built power washer powered by the B&S 675. When I recently started it, oil came pouring out of it .......somewhere. A friend said there's a seal that could be the source of the leak.

Would appreciate any views/advice on the friend's diagnosis and the difficulty of making the repair.

Thaks in advance.


John
 
Hello John...
& WELCOME to LMF...

Where is the leak?? If it is at the crank shaft out put on the engine, there is a seal around that shaft... It is easily removed & replaced from the outside of the engine, no need to open the engine...
There are some great youtube videos covering crank shaft seal replacement. :smile:KennyV
 
If it is coming out of the breather tube the cause could easily be a blown head gasket. Also have you check the seal around the dipstick tube. I suggest you pressure wash the engine, start it up around find the source first before getting any parts.
 
Back
Top