Briggs opposed twin engine

SamB

Threads
First time i have ever seen someone hotrod a Snapper flexiflyer. Out in the barn i have a JD S82 rear engine that came with a 8hp that was worn out so i dropped 12hp briggs in it and i thought that was hopped up. You win.
Thanks for the kudos! However,I'm way back in second place on this hop-up. I have looked and looked for the Snapper video that I saw a year or two ago with no luck. This guy put an outboard engine powerhead on a Snapper! As best as I can remember,it was 115hp Mercury outboard.
It was water-cooled and had a small radiator mounted flat above the flywheel on top. Also 6(!)megaphone stacks sticking out the back.Man,I wish I could find the pics to share. It a good example of too much time on someone's hands,but was still awesome.

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Always amazed me how much power those outboards make. Saw a smaller cruizer boat down in Florida with four 350hp outboards hanging on the back of it. Really wanted to take a ride in that monster.

SamB

Threads
Always amazed me how much power those outboards make. Saw a smaller cruizer boat down in Florida with four 350hp outboards hanging on the back of it. Really wanted to take a ride in that monster.
2 cycle usually,almost unlimited rpm.10,000 rpm isn't out of the question. Of course,Yamaha and Mercury are in a high 4 stroke horsepower competition now. 400+hp outboards are on the market right now. Of course,they come with a price tag that is HIGH also!!
Still,I would have liked to have been able to share the pics of the outboard on the Snapper.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
My crappy old boat has a tired old 1978 Evinrude 90. Before loop charged so good bottom end but not much top end and a gas hog. Was at a marina couple years ago and they had a tri log 30 foot pontoon boat with twin 300hp engines. I thought it was a joke but it was for real. Engines were 6 foot tall from skeg to shroud. Dealer said if i wanted he could put 350's on it. First pontoon i have seen with power trim tabs. Didn't even ask the price.

wrldtvlr

Threads
My brother spends a lot of time in the Miami area. Says these and 5 across are very common. He's seen 500HP.
yh1.jpg

tom3

Lawn Addict
Threads
Yep that's one of them. Better have a stout back end on that boat.

SamB

Threads
My brother spends a lot of time in the Miami area. Says these and 5 across are very common. He's seen 500HP.
View attachment 54105
(Waaaay off from lawnmowers,but.....Back before I retired,a couple of the guys in the shop were bass fishermen. One was overheard to say,"I'm trading in my current outboard for a bigger one." The other guy asks,"Why?". First man says ,"I can't bust 100 MPH.". I thought to myself,"Man,those bass must be FAST!!"

Last edited: