briggs intek pro 206 running problems

VRR.DYNDNS>BIZ

Threads
sounds like carb linkage problem and choke is on at least partially or if auto choke, not coming off.

WilliamKrohmer

Forum Newbie
Threads
does the carb have a mixture adjustment screw? Is the choke properly opening? Do you have new clean fuel in the tank?
I've learned that the ethanol is good for 30 days, then it starts accumulating water to it, on the gas tank walls. If i get a tractor in, I drain the gas tank, first thing. It usually cures the problem.

benali123

Forum Newbie
Threads
After 10mins of running, I switch off. I pull the dipstick and definate pressure and gases are emitted.:oops:

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
While it’s running, if you loosen the dipstick cap and let it sit on the dipstick tube, does it bounce around? If it does, bad head gasket.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Wow, is your choke stuck closed? Verify the choke is wide open. Might even temporarily wire it dead open for testing. Man that is rich.

Next I would load test your ignition coil looking for weak spark.

You can take a test light and probe around the ignition wire looking for spark jumping to ground, out of the wire where it shouldn't be.

A yearly valve look-see as Scrub said is a must to keep the engine running tip-top. (y)

Maybe your carb needle is sticking open a touch? Might pressure test your carb.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
I've learned that the ethanol is good for 30 days, then it starts accumulating water to it, on the gas tank walls. If i get a tractor in, I drain the gas tank, first thing. It usually cures the problem.
So you are the one that gets 30 days out of that corrosion creating carb eating crap? LOL :p More like 3 minutes after fill up. Only takes one cool night then a good warm up later to water the fuel down.

benali123

Forum Newbie
Threads
While it’s running, if you loosen the dipstick cap and let it sit on the dipstick tube, does it bounce around? If it does, bad head gasket.
Well, it bounces a bit.
Got another good briggs next door and that bounces a bit too.:confused::confused: