Briggs and Stratton 6.75 Frustrator

toddy

Threads
I have a Murray self-drive mower with the B&S 6.75 motor. It is only 2 years old and is already giving me fits of frustration! The first symptom was not starting on a cool fall day ( Canada ). The second symptom was not hot starting after an intentional shut down. Now this marvel of design runs for 12-15 minutes with small misses and then shuts off. Wonderfull! I have ignored my instincts which tell me to remove the motor from the reliable Murray chassis and pound that B&S flat with a sledge hammer. Instead I have done all of the basic checks and cannot determine what the problem is. I have only basic mechanical knowledge, but my mechanically inclined friands are stumped by this. It seems to me the alot of these engines have the same problem and I was hoping one of your advisors knows exactly whats causing these troubles.:confused2:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If you would please post the model numbers off the engine, so we can see what you are looking at. I suspect either the carb needs cleaned or you are having issues with the smart choke system.

toddy

Threads
Hi..Thanks for the response. The model #96147001200. Is this common to this model?:smile:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I need the model, type, and code off the engine itself, to determine which engine you have. There has been ongoing issues with the ready start, that seems to be intermittent, some people have all kinds of issues, and others never have a problem. What most people don't know is the carbs on the newer mowers are calibrated for 70 degrees F, and will be hard to start around 50 or lower. Most of the issues are tied to the bi-metal thermostat behind the muffler, It cools too quick, and closes the choke which causes no start when the engine is warm.

toddy

Threads
There is a sticker that says important engine info. Family 7BSXS.1901vh-277315. Another UPC style sticker says0701265754688.:smile:

toddy

Threads
E-Z start is not advertised anywhere on the unit, unless you mean that the basic design is called E-Z start. (that would be funny) It has a primer bulb- pump 3x.:smile::smile:

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The family name doesn't mean anything to anybody other than the EPA. either a spark issue with the spark plug, ignition module. could be something shutting off the fuel flow in the carb, or the fuel line from the tank.

Threads
I moved your thread to the Small Engine & Mower Repair Forum. :smile:

toddy

Threads
Fanatic... I'm new to the computer world, I am mystified by your post.

toddy

Threads
ILENGINE- None of those numbers were the ones you were after? I'll look for more, they must be under the cover. Check back..ok?:smile: