Breather Tube

markb2550

Forum Newbie
Threads
okay, thanks. I will give it a try and as you suggest work it in a bit at a time with a small flat tip screwdriver. I believe my problem has been lack of patience with it.

lbrac

Threads
When trying to insert a hose into a slightly smaller hole, I sometimes trim the outside diameter of the hose to put a slight bevel on it to help start it into the hole. Some lube on the outside of the hose (KY-jelly... oh never mind, I may be thinking of something else; just use motor oil) can sometimes help too.

TobyU

Threads
Something doesn't look right in the pictures it doesn't sound right either. The hose should not be too short as it should come out to the exact spot where the hole is that it presses into if it's that style. It almost looks to me like the hose is reversed..
Most of those engines with the carbs like that just had a round nub sticking on the bottom and a larger hose with a stair step swelled up section on the end presses right onto it and the other end goes up under the shroud towards the middle of the engine to stick onto the breather.
I can't see from the pictures if there is some round hole there that this grommet looking piece presses into.

sgkent

Lawn Addict
Threads
had pictures all I have now is ads. Tired of this crap. That said, I had to disassemble a breather and put it back together piece by piece to make it work. Simply the way it is constructed. Yours looks similar.