Bout to purchase a toro ztr 4235

MyType

Threads
image-3958900548.jpg

It has a Kawasaki motor 21.5 hp is this a good ztr for starting out?

Parkmower

Threads
Its a residential machine. Not a commercial unit.
So yes it'd be good around the house. For a business you want something commercial.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
I meen really if someone wanted to use this machine for a business say 4ish hours a day. And they are crazy about maintence IE: Keep oil clean, keep airfilter clean, fins and block clean, blades sharp, grease zerks at least once a week maybe twice, and deck/ bags clean.

How bad could it be. I realize some parts will just have a small life span but the cost of the machine will almost justify some of it. the engine is really the important part.

txzrider

Threads
so you realize 4 hours a day 5 days a week is approximately 20 times the amount of use it would see as a purely residential mower if used as intended? An I think I am being conservative. It rarely takes me an hour to mow my corner lot and I dont do that every week.

Parkmower

Threads
20hrs a week require commercial equipment or your residential will not last. Yeah the engine may be ok but the rest of the mower will fall apart. I think 5-6 hrs a week is pushing it for a residential.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads
so you realize 4 hours a day 5 days a week is approximately 20 times the amount of use it would see as a purely residential mower if used as intended? An I think I am being conservative. It rarely takes me an hour to mow my corner lot and I dont do that every week.

The average homeowner uses his or her mower between 2 and 3 hours monthly depending on the size of the yard. Parkmower is right 20hrs a week requires commercial equipment.