bought a Red Hawk 36"

Paulz2821

Threads
well....i took the half way plunge. i couldn't bare to spend the six grand on the walker stand up 36" so i went with the EBAY (lol) 36" hydrostatic RED HAWK commercial mower with a 20hp honda for $2147 shipped to my door. it looks half way decent so i gave it a shot. i went and looked at a few used ones and they were all beat to hell and the people wanted 1500 plus for these things. I hope I made the right choice. i mow my yard and a couple others that all have gates. so 48" was not even an option at this point. i think it will be a huge advantage over my HRX 217. i only mow ever other week for the most part (rentals) so the grass is normally high and the HRX is just not cutting it (no pun intended). i'll post pictures and give you my feed back on it. i have never operated a commercial type of mower so this will be a totally unbiased opinion other then that i really like my honda HRX motor due to one pull starting and i wanted to go with a honda again. i should have it by friday :)

KennyV

Lawn Pro
Threads
I really wish you well... but I can not imagine what kind of 'commercial' mower you can get for that little... A well used Walker, Skag or Wright stander will run twice that, or more.

When you get some mowing time on it, do post back with what you have determined. including some pictures..... :smile:KennyV

Paulz2821

Threads
Well I got the mower.........not what I ordered.... its a belt drive. After a lot of thought over the weekend some phone calls and a $297 refund I've decided to keep it. I talked to a dealer about red hawks hydro mowers and he said they were having a lot of issues with the drive units on them and he was no longer selling them until the issue is corrected. He said he has had nothing but praise on the belt driven though. But hell I'm still at 1850 and the comparable scag is 4000 so I'm doin OK. Can't wait to take it out off the crate when I get off work and cut some grass. I still feel like smallenginewarehouse.com bait and switched me though. They blatantly sent me the wrong mower and I felt they could have done Better on the money thing. But other then that they were friendly and the mower made it to my shop in 2 days. Mower looks really nice and well built and shipped with care. I hope it runs as good. They also gave me the option to return it at no cost to me and for a full refund. So all in all a little irritating but maybe it worked out better in the long run. Ill let ya know how it cuts.

Paulz2821

Threads
Re: bought a Red Hawk 36"s

So I mowed today. My yard, both my neighbors yards and the common area by the creek. Freaking awesome! Did it in about and hour And twenty minutes. Probably no joke would taken well over four hours with my push mower. This thing really flies. It's very
Smooth if you do the hand controls slowly. Other wise it can get away from you.i got a
Lot more practicing to do. Only issue you I had. After my initial test run, whoev鑽 put it together had the rear deck height to low and it was scalping. Removed six bolts that hold the deck on and a mini jack, twenty minutes later mowing again. I don't think I'll ever have to do that again though. The front has the washers that adjust it. At least ten grease fittings are on this mower. One of them did break.they are copper I think. I'm going to replace them all with steel. I checked all the bolts that i could seee to make sure everything was tight. I think I'm going to set it up to mulch too. I hate all the grass all over the yard. Why do they do that? Other then close up the shoot and get mulching blades...what else would I need to do? Is there a down side to mulching? Thanks

Paulz2821

Threads
Cut one of the rentals today with the new mower. Took me twenty minutes to mow the 1/4 acre. Grass was about a foot high and very thick. I did not have to restart the engine once. This mower is exactly what I needed. Now it just has to hold up.

Paulz2821

Threads
217887_495169740510362_570173489_n.jpg

226289_495170057176997_413553646_n.jpg