Bought a new Honda!

cobra2k1

Threads
You are military, right ? Can't you get a military discount ?

Why Yes I can MowerMike tho not at the good deal this HRR would be they have on clearance. Compare the price points of both HRR/HRX series and you'll see what I mean.

stygz

Threads
You could buy it and if it does not live up to your expectations take it back. I think you get 30 days.

cobra2k1

Threads
You could buy it and if it does not live up to your expectations take it back. I think you get 30 days.

Right now I'm stationed on a Marine Corps Base and was just going to have my brother take it back with him when my family visits. My home is about 400 miles away from base. I get out pretty soon and would need it for my small business so not going to use it right away. Thought I would pick it up cause it's a good deal now.

Was going by Exotion's review on this model. He seems to have alot of experience with it and knows what he's talking about. Might just go ahead and pull the trigger on the HRX, hope its bag design is better..should be for the bump in price anyway. I need to head back down there and compare them both.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Right now I'm stationed on a Marine Corps Base and was just going to have my brother take it back with him when my family visits. My home is about 400 miles away from base. I get out pretty soon and would need it for my small business so not going to use it right away. Thought I would pick it up cause it's a good deal now.

Was going by Exotion's review on this model. He seems to have alot of experience with it and knows what he's talking about. Might just go ahead and pull the trigger on the HRX, hope its bag design is better..should be for the bump in price anyway. I need to head back down there and compare them both.

So I took the flappy paddle apart put some white lithium greese in there now it pops up like its supposed to. Today the left rear wheel would randomly just stop in the middle of a pass I had to reverse to free the wheel then I could continue the end of that mow I took the wheel off and there was about 10 pieces of some kind of washer ;/ weird ok so got the pieces out put the wheel back on works fine in the back of my mind I'm thinking was that washer important? I've done the math assuming I do 6 hours of mowing a day with this machine 30 hours a week so this machine already has about 120 hours on it I change the oil weekly 10w 40 sharpen wheels weekly blow out air filter weekly and wash machine and bag still working hard :) starts first or second pull every time (except if I accidently don't let it warm up when cold than it takes a lot of work to get it started my fault not the machines) geting over the bag thing is hard but this machine has taken some serious abuse and never complains.

stygz

Threads
How are you liking the Echo PAS system? I love mine. I was really surprised by the performance of the straight edger. I had a craftsman with a curved edger and hated it.

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
How are you liking the Echo PAS system? I love mine. I was really surprised by the performance of the straight edger. I had a craftsman with a curved edger and hated it.

I need to update my signature I decided to buy the pe 225 for now but I love it

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
So I took the flappy paddle apart put some white lithium greese in there now it pops up like its supposed to. Today the left rear wheel would randomly just stop in the middle of a pass I had to reverse to free the wheel then I could continue the end of that mow I took the wheel off and there was about 10 pieces of some kind of washer ;/ weird ok so got the pieces out put the wheel back on works fine in the back of my mind I'm thinking was that washer important? I've done the math assuming I do 6 hours of mowing a day with this machine 30 hours a week so this machine already has about 120 hours on it I change the oil weekly 10w 40 sharpen wheels weekly blow out air filter weekly and wash machine and bag still working hard :) starts first or second pull every time (except if I accidently don't let it warm up when cold than it takes a lot of work to get it started my fault not the machines) geting over the bag thing is hard but this machine has taken some serious abuse and never complains.

today I got a call from a customer I mowed last year her proline died... well she killed the starter this year (don't know how) and sent it to the shop wanted me to do the first mow the grass is super thick and super long I brought my toro personal pace 21 it does the dirty and weedy jobs. Well basically after about 30 min of my toro struggling and bogging down I got angry and grabbed the honda well mine has the 160cc engine well long story short the honda put the toro to shame it never bogged down never struggled never clogged :) veryhappy even left a nice smooth clean cut this machine probably has abouut 150 hours on it now how often should I change the drive belt? And is the tranny servicable?

robert@honda

Lawn Addict
Threads
how often should I change the drive belt? And is the tranny servicable?

Honda does not specify a particular hour interval to change the belt. When you're under the deck and inspecting/changing blades, inspect the belt for any fraying, missing chunks, or other damage and replace as needed. If you notice the self-propel performance is reduced, it could be a worn/damaged belt too.

The transmission does not have any internally-servicable parts. External bits like the pulley, belt guide, cover, etc. are replaceable, but really the only thing you can service on the transmission is the oil level, and if it's not leaking or indicating any problems, no reason to even check that. When filled at the factory, the oil should last for the life of the mower. You must remove the transmission / rear axle to check the level. It only holds 2.2 ounces (65cc) and uses standard engine oil as a fluid (SAE 10W-30)

hrr216vkatrans_zps3348b03e.jpg

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Honda does not specify a particular hour interval to change the belt. When you're under the deck and inspecting/changing blades, inspect the belt for any fraying, missing chunks, or other damage and replace as needed. If you notice the self-propel performance is reduced, it could be a worn/damaged belt too.

The transmission does not have any internally-servicable parts. External bits like the pulley, belt guide, cover, etc. are replaceable, but really the only thing you can service on the transmission is the oil level, and if it's not leaking or indicating any problems, no reason to even check that. When filled at the factory, the oil should last for the life of the mower. You must remove the transmission / rear axle to check the level. It only holds 2.2 ounces (65cc) and uses standard engine oil as a fluid (SAE 10W-30)

Thank you robert :) printed that sheet for my shop today:)

exotion

Lawn Addict
Threads
Thank you robert :) printed that sheet for my shop today:)

So another week another issue ;/ the rear drive wheels are skidders now worn down fast... looking for replacement ones at amazon and they are to large. I have a set in the garage from an older hrr I scrapped they are the 8in ones the ones on my mower are significantly smaller and I do not want to adjust my mow heights as I already have them all set where I want them 3 notches in front 4 inback can someone help me find them?