Bobcat ZTR

Threads
Okay, I mowed with my Fastcat Pro for the first time today, also my first time mowing with a ZT. All I can say is WOW, this thing truly is a beast! First of all, the noise, even with noise reduction headphones was almost overwhelming. The 24 hp Kaw with blades running sounded like what I would imagine a space shuttle sounding like lifting off. Then I started mowing and the bumpiness was a little more than I expected, especially with 23" tires. Being inexperienced, I then started jerking back and forth, left and right, trying to tame this monster. At this point, I started to wonder if I made a big mistake buying this machine.

Anyways, as the mowing progressed, I started to get a better feel for the mower and even started to enjoy it. When I finished, I pulled out my pocket watch and ... whaaa? I mowed the yard in 1 hour and 25 minutes? That's impossible I said to myself and kept staring at the fully wound watch. After all, it takes more than 2 1/2 hours on my Toro Wheel Horse 48" tractor. But it was true. For all my fumbling around with an unfamiliar mower, I still slashed my mowing time!

Anyways, I can't wait to mow again! The only negative is that I think I'm going to need inner foam earplugs in addition to the headphones as this thing just roars. But that's a small price to pay for a machine that is so much fun.

I'm glad you're happy with your mower! :thumbsup: I haven't seen many Bobcat mowers so maybe you can post a picture of yours. :cool:

Tracker II

Threads
I'm glad you're happy with your mower! :thumbsup: I haven't seen many Bobcat mowers so maybe you can post a picture of yours. :cool:

I'll see if I can get one up tomorrow.

One thing I forgot to add is that the grasss is so well clipped and disbursed that I will no longer have to rake the areas where the grass grows twice as fast. This is a huge time saver.

Threads

One thing I forgot to add is that the grasss is so well clipped and disbursed that I will no longer have to rake the areas where the grass grows twice as fast. This is a huge time saver.

Yeah that is one comment I hear a lot when people switch to a zero-turn mower due to the fact it usually has a higher blade tip speed. :thumbsup::thumbsup:

Tracker II

Threads
Why who is THAT handsome devil and what is he riding? Why I believe that's me on my new Bob-Cat Pro!

Attachments

• IMG_4295[1].jpg
    IMG_4295[1].jpg
    224 KB · Views: 61

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads
Why who is THAT handsome devil and what is he riding? Why I believe that's me on my new Bob-Cat Pro!

That is indeed a very Commercial-looking ZTR!!! Does it have those "knobs" on the outside pulley cover on the other side too? I assume this allows you to easily removeve the covers to clean around the outside pulleys. I kinda wish my Gravely had those, but I just blow any debri when I clean the ZTR after mowing and since they are open on each side I can wipe anything the blower doesn't get. Still seems like it would be a nice feature.

Tracker II

Threads
Thanks guys. I had to do a rush job on the picture before my wife and son left town so I didn't really have time to clean if up after the first mowing or put the grass dispersal chute back on.

It really is more than I need for a bit less than 3 acres but I needed a new mower and since I've gone through hell the past 2 1/2 years thanks to a negligent driver, and decided to treat myself to something special with some of the settlement money.

Dang, why won't the grass grow faster!

edit: Ha Ha Ha, I just noticed your edit of my picture RatRacer! Oh man, I've got to print that out. Thanks buddy!

Tracker II

Threads
Does it have those "knobs" on the outside pulley cover on the other side too? I assume this allows you to easily removeve the covers to clean around the outside pulleys.

Yah, knobs on both sides DJ. Give a half turn, flick with the finger a couple times and they're off for easy cleaning.