Bobcat zt2000 electrical gremlin

runnyrunnerton

Forum Newbie
Threads
Hey guys. I have a bobcat zt2000 that I have been fixing up and maintaining for about 5 years. My issue is i have a hard start when hot condition. I replaced the coils and plugs a few weeks back. The carb is less than a year old. Filters and such are new this season. Fuel is clean. She will start up when cold no problem. when it gets hot its tough to fire up. I popped open the seat and the purple wire had a fuse blown. I replaced the fuse and nothing. Engine turn over and try's to start but wont run. Starter Solenoid new. HERE IS THE KICKER. I pull out the fuse that blew and the machine fires right up runs for about 2 seconds and dies. put the fuse back in and no start. I tested the carb fuel shut off I can hear it engage and disengage when I turn the key. Ill attach the wiring diagram. I am replacing the relays tomorrow and will try again. I have not started it cold since the fuse replace but again i have been chasing the hot start for a while so I assume the fuse is a symptom.

If I only need B+L=S to start and B+L to run. I assume my issue is downstream from the key switch and in the relay or the time delay module. I havent found a way to bypass and test around the time delay module. Figured I would ask you guys your opinion. Wiring diagram attached. Never seen a mower jump to life only to die when its hot after a quick fire up. I figured if i replaced all the relays maybe they are dying when its hot.

Im running out of parts to change.

Thanks!

Attachments

• Wiring Diagram.pdf
    566.7 KB · Views: 8

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The Purple wire is the power return from the alternator , via the rectifier to the battery
If it is blowing that means you are getting a direct short circuit in the rectifier once the alternator starts to generate electricity .
The engine won't run because the white wire is getting connected to ground some where so your first test is to disconnect the regulator/ rectifier at the 3 pin plug
The second test is to find which one of the switches is providing the ground to the white wire .

Lawn Addict
Threads
Interesting..