Blowing charge fuse

Dixiemilker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I am working on a kawasaki engine that is blowing the charge fuse. The stator is putting out 32 VAC at WOT. There is no resistance to either stator wire to ground. .02 ohms between the two white wires from the stator. 12.04 volts from switch wire to regulator. 15VDC from regulator going to switch when wire hooked up but -19.5 VDC when wire not connected. Red wire and charge wire gets very hot after mower runs for about 1 minute and blows charge fuse. What is my problem? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Steve

Dixiemilker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Should be.2 ohms between the white wires from stator.

Dixiemilker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Should add less than 1 ohm resistance from regulator to ground and battery negative to ground. I don't usually ask for assistance but am stumped by this one.

ILENGINE

Lawn Pro
Threads
I don't think the issue is with the charging system. The issue is with something pulling a lot of amps on the mower side. Is the electric clutch engaged when the fuse blows,

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The usual culprt is dirty connections or corrosion at the fuse holder

Dixiemilker

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you! I will check it today.Ilengine-The clutch is not engaged and it I remove the battery wire on regulator wires don't get hot.

Dixiemilker

Forum Newbie
Threads
That fixed it. I had continuity with my ohm meter, but the fuse connector ends had gotten hot and lost their tension to hold fuse good.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Thanks for coming back with the fix.
Glad it was an easy one.
Hope you cut the old fuse holder off & fitted a new one.
If not done yet, get a marine fuse holder from a boating shop they tend to last a lot longer

Dixiemilker

Forum Newbie
Threads
I did replace the fuse holder, not with a marine one though, it is keep under a shed. Thank you for your advice!