Blowback?

Thomv

Forum Newbie
Threads
Not to sure I am using the correct word to describe my problem. I have a 2019 Scag Freedom 52 inch cut. I have the mower height adjustment set at 2.5 inches. Whenever I cut my 2 acres I am getting an excessive amount of dust particles to the point of coating the entire front halve of my mower along with my legs covered in dust and small particles. It appears to be coming from the front of the mower cutting deck. Is there something that could be done to prevent this from happening?

Mower King

Threads
Not to sure I am using the correct word to describe my problem. I have a 2019 Scag Freedom 52 inch cut. I have the mower height adjustment set at 2.5 inches. Whenever I cut my 2 acres I am getting an excessive amount of dust particles to the point of coating the entire front halve of my mower along with my legs covered in dust and small particles. It appears to be coming from the front of the mower cutting deck. Is there something that could be done to prevent this from happening?

A lot of times that is simply caused by the Deck blades not being leveled correctly, not side to side but, front to back....the front of the Deck blades should be 1/8" to 1/4" lower then the rear of the blades. I measure the blade height because that is really what is doing the cutting, not the deck shell.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Raise the deck
When you cut too low the draught from the blade will pick up loose dirt from between the blades of grass.
Also what type of blades are you using and are you mulching or throwing.
Mulching should always be done at the highest setting so the clippings have some where to go.
People always try to mulch way too low .
If you look on the side of push mowers you will see a lot of them mark the 4 highest setting for mulching and all the low ones for catching.

Thomv

Forum Newbie
Threads
Raise the deck
When you cut too low the draught from the blade will pick up loose dirt from between the blades of grass.
Also what type of blades are you using and are you mulching or throwing.
Mulching should always be done at the highest setting so the clippings have some where to go.
People always try to mulch way too low .
If you look on the side of push mowers you will see a lot of them mark the 4 highest setting for mulching and all the low ones for catching.

I still have the OEM blades because I am only at 20 hours of cutting time. I will check the front and rear heights of the deck to make sure the front is lower then the back. I did see an attachment from Scag for a Liberty 48 inch cut on YouTube. It mounts right in front of the cutting deck. I will see if I can purchase it from them for my model mower deck. I also have it set for 2.5 inches. Do you feel that is too low and if so what would you set it at? My blades are throwing.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
2,5 should be OK for throwing but try 3 and see if it makes a difference.
Also try lifting the discharge chute.
Most of my cuswtomers have some rope on it and unless they are likely to throw into a window or traffic mow with the chute raised.

fake_usa

Forum Newbie
Threads
Get different blades, the factory blades are high lift and blow too mich air for the deck to handle. I used the eliminator blades without the mulching plates all last summer. Way less dust and grass all over me.