Blow Air In Gas Tank--starts right up

OldToroGuy

Threads
Thanks will, I’ll check that tomorrow in the daylight when I can see a little better. So you say the interlock module has been a problem on the X300s, do the replacement modules last longer? I googled up the parts for it last night and if I had the right one it’s roughly $100. Pricey, I hope it doesn’t fail too often.

D

Deleted member 97405

Thanks will, I’ll check that tomorrow in the daylight when I can see a little better. So you say the interlock module has been a problem on the X300s, do the replacement modules last longer? I googled up the parts for it last night and if I had the right one it’s roughly $100. Pricey, I hope it doesn’t fail too often.
They are pricey, but it's the brains of the safety system. Deere changed them at least a handful of times due to issues. The latest part number seems to finally be lasting. I guess they changed suppliers. It stinks because the only way to test is to pull that wire or install your module on a running machine and see if the issue follows. I work at a dealership here, so we have a bit of a advantage in that respect, but if she fires with that wire unplugged, I'd put money on that module being your issue.

OldToroGuy

Threads
They are pricey, but it's the brains of the safety system. Deere changed them at least a handful of times due to issues. The latest part number seems to finally be lasting. I guess they changed suppliers. It stinks because the only way to test is to pull that wire or install your module on a running machine and see if the issue follows. I work at a dealership here, so we have a bit of a advantage in that respect, but if she fires with that wire unplugged, I'd put money on that module being your issue.
Will you must be Clairvoyant! ;) I went out about 30 minutes ago and you were right, the wire was on the right side tucked behind the starter. It started right up with it disconnected and it quit as soon as I snapped the wires back together. It looks like the going rate is $110.61 and my local JD dealer has it in stock so I'll probably pick one up before the week is out. Thanks again for your insight and patience explaining the troubleshooting process! You're right about the fuel filter, when it's running there isn't much gas actually in the filter.

OldToroGuy

Threads
Will, picked up the part today and I'm back in business. The pricing of the JD parts is interesting. I have 3 dealers with about a 25 mile radius. The largest one quoted me a price 15% over the standard JD price of $110.61, and the second one quoted it at 10% over the price. My closest local dealer that I normally do business just charged the JD price of $110.61.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Hopefully you rerouted that pinch wire.

And just think my local dealer use to give me a 10% discount on parts. Then they took that away without informing me and on top that started adding a $20 shipping fee. They lost all my business as I now order my parts out Indiana where I still get the 10% of the Brick and Mortar price plus shipping is lower. Just take a few days longer to get the parts.

I even quit buying my Stihl parts from them because they would quote a price and then jack it up when it came in. My current Stihl dealer is giving me a 10% discount so why would I buy $3000 in part a year from JD when I can get them for $2700. Then when I reprice them I am just a competitive as the dealer.

And on the AM141075 if you was will to wait a few days you could got it for $99 off eBay. And didn't have to spend time going to the dealer. Here it is a 45 minute round trip plus time standing in line.

1666439093011.png

OldToroGuy

Threads
StarTech, good comments and I always do a lot of surfing the net looking for the best price. I think at the time I was checking prices, eBay, Amazon, and overall search on the PN the best price I found was on eBay. I think the best price I found at the time was $90 but it had shipping charges on it and it was a non-returnable item to the eBay address. That said, as an electronic item if it went bad or something obvious was wrong with it I would be out the money. For the difference in the price I'd rather pay just a few bucks more and know I can go back to the dealer with a bad part. It wouldn't be the first time I bought a part (automotive parts mostly) and I get home and no way is it the same part. So I try to way the cost on anything I buy and how fast I need the item back up and running.