Blade Shaft Bracket

Chief Ben

Threads
Does anyone have problems with the blade shaft brackets breaking off like this, this is the second set I have put on my older craftsman, I know I should not cut rocks with it , and I try not to but it is hard to do in Arkansas, But I think the should hold up better than they do, I'm thinking about trying to build a set out of steel if I can't by a set of steel ones, Does any one know if they make them out of steel??
firecraftsman011.jpg

firecraftsman012.jpg

SeniorCitizen

Lawn Addict
Threads
Does anyone have problems with the blade shaft brackets breaking off like this, this is the second set I have put on my older craftsman, I know I should not cut rocks with it , and I try not to but it is hard to do in Arkansas, But I think the should hold up better than they do, I'm thinking about trying to build a set out of steel if I can't by a set of steel ones, Does any one know if they make them out of steel??
firecraftsman011.jpg

firecraftsman012.jpg
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
About 20 % of the first pic is covered with advertisement but the second pic shows enough that I can see you may be ahead attempting to build rubber blades if you are going to mow rocks.

Popular Science - Google Books

Chief Ben

Threads
BKBROWN:: What is breaking is the bolt hole that hold it in place, I like your idea, did you make yours,
are can I buy them some where, I can make them, But it would easyer to buy and cheaper to buy,

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
BKBROWN:: What is breaking is the bolt hole that hold it in place, I like your idea, did you make yours,
are can I buy them some where, I can make them, But it would easyer to buy and cheaper to buy,

The bottom line in my last post is a link -- it will take you to the Meg-Mo site if you click on it -- or you can do a search for Meg-Mo blades

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
OK - I see that there are 3 mounting points and one or two are breaking - is that cast aluminum or cast iron ? Have you considered trying to brace the new one with band iron across the top of the hole and a bolt on each side thru the deck ?

there would be 3 holes in the band iron - one for bolt to go thru the band and the
bracket and two to hold the band to the deck.

Last edited:

Chief Ben

Threads
Thanks I like that MEG-MO System and the price is not bad, I am going to order a set for two of my mowers, Thanks again. The Chief.

BKBrown

Lawn Addict
Threads
I like them - they work great for me - some people seem to think they bog down the mower or don't cut great -- they work well for me.

I like your Ferguson TO 30 -- I got a neighbors' running for him - his is 51 purchased new in 52.