Blade bolts to tight

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I use an Hydrovane compressor ( oh so quiet ) on 3 phase power
When I replaced the single phase compressor with this one it knocked near $ 100 a quarter of the power bill.
It feeds into a 8' vertical receiver .
When I bought some retractable 1/2" air hoses from a truck repair business I noted that they had used Blue Line plastic water pipe to run the air around the factory so I did the same
A 2" ring main off the receiver tank then step down T joints 2" to 1" for the droppers with a 1" to 3/4 " take off with a reducing bush for the air take off and a plug about 1' further down to drain water , The plumbing is at ceiling height .
All cheap hand tighten water fittings rated to 120 psi and to date not given me the slightest bit of bother
This allows me to keep the flex lines very short and that makes a massive difference to the days when I had 3 x 30 yard lines hooked together .
Good for rented spaces because it all pulls apart and gets taken away
Highly illegal of course but 1/4 the price & 1/10 the effort of doing it in gal tube as it is supposed to be done

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
Same thing can happen if you converted the whole house to 3 phase. But it is hard to get the electric companies and electricians to wire homes with three phase. Things like motors are so much more efficient using 3 phase. But I am stuck on single phase service even through three phase lines runs by the home and shop. Besides electric company don't want the average consumer knowing this either as it would cost the electric money.

Pat6366

Forum Newbie
Threads
I have a well (ab)used IR 2135TI running 140psi with 3/8" lines and hi-flow couplers. Gets the job done.
One of my favorite projects. When that first went into production the titanium front end was made by Ruger in Prescott, Arizona, they had set up an investment casting facility for making Ti golf club heads for one of the major club manufacturers who then started sourcing from China a couple years later so they were looking for anything to fill the capacity and we were looking for a source to make our front end.

Pat6366

Forum Newbie
Threads
My impact is an AirCat 1150K which has 900 ft-lb maximum torque and 1,295 ft-lb of loosening torque and I am using V style hi flow couplers and plugs. Now it is a lot quieter than the 109dB Ir 2135TI since iit has a tuned exhaust (86 dBA). Now it does consume more air at 8 cfm vs the 5 cfm if IR.

Now of course I am only running 125 psi vs your 140 psi. I also using a 125 ft 3/8" hose.
First rule of impact wrenches, do not believe any manufactures specs, you cannot compare one to the other because they all test differently.

StarTech

Lawn Royalty
Top Poster Of Month
Threads
First rule of impact wrenches, do not believe any manufactures specs, you cannot compare one to the other because they all test differently.
All I know for sure it out performs the Snap-on one it replaced. I sold the Snap-on to a diehard Snap-on user for what I paid for it.

Pat6366

Forum Newbie
Threads
All I know for sure it out performs the Snap-on one it replaced. I sold the Snap-on to a diehard Snap-on user for what I paid for it.
Snap-on impacts have never been the leaders, but the hardcore fans still buy them.

Hammermechanicman

Lawn Addict
Threads
Snap off makes nice tools and markets them well but not for me. I don't need the tool truck to bring me tools for a more than premium price. Many mechanics need the cool factor of a big snap off tool box filled with their tools. I don't measure my mechanics ability by the name on my toolbox. To each their own.

Ron3

Threads
Got ifixed, 60 gal uprite compressor, snap on 1/2inch air wrench. Work perfect easy removal