Best mowing RPM for Kohler 25hp Courage

fox5flyer

Threads
Hi. I'm a newbie from NE Michigan.
I have a Husqvarna MZ5225 ZT mower and am planning to install a tach. Reason is, I need to figure out the optimum RPM for best tip speed of the blades. I'm not a commercial mower, but I have a lot to mow and I've learned that keeping the blades sharp and RPMs up will give the best performance and efficiency. I use full synthetic oil.
Once I install the tach, can anyone tell me what RPM I should be running with a formula to determine my blade tip speeds so that I'm not just guessing?
There must be one of you techies out there who would like to tackle this one.
Thanks in advance
Deke

ILENGINE

Lawn Royalty
Threads
The optimum engine speed is whatever the factory set the rpms of the engine at. they have designed everything to work together to get the best output.

fox5flyer

Threads
The optimum engine speed is whatever the factory set the rpms of the engine at. they have designed everything to work together to get the best output.

Hey, thanks for the response. Am I understanding you correctly that full power is where I should be operating without regard to RPMs and assume that is optimum?
Deke

gfp55

Threads
Yes WOT (Wide Open Throttle) Then check your RPMs on the tachometer. RPMs may be different with a load like cutting grass then standing still without a load.

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Everything on a mower is made to operate at full throttle even the engine.

Most mower manuals will tell you to never operate the blades at less then full throttle.

fox5flyer

Threads

Most mower manuals will tell you to never operate the blades at less then full throttle.

Thanks. I appreciate your response. What I am really looking for is what that full throttle rpm is supposed to be.
Deke

Carscw

Lawn Pro
Threads
Thanks. I appreciate your response. What I am really looking for is what that full throttle rpm is supposed to be. Deke

On most engines it should be around 3800

gfp55

Threads

W.O.T. keeps the engine cool.