Best mower fuel filter and why

Scrubcadet10

Staff member
Threads
Look inside the next white Briggs pancake. I know the red ones are just like window screen. Are the white ones the same?
the white ones use the screen, but it's smaller. it'll catch your grass debris and smaller stuff than the red ones. i think theyre 70 micron.

MarineBob

Threads
I have used the cylindrical clear filters for a long while on lawn tractors. Seems to work well on gravity feed line. Cheap and east to replace. I put a shut off in the line just before the filter

BCSguyd

Forum Newbie
Threads
Goes on everything with a fuel pump.
View attachment 65149
This is the exact filter we used at the shop I worked at. We only used it if the unit had a fuel pump. If it was gravity flow, we used a Stens version of the red pancake filter in the first post. (I don't know the actual micron rating for that filter).

Edit: the reason we used the screen-type filter when the unit had no pump was because we had some units shut down from lack of fuel. The flow through the pleated filter just isn't enough sometimes to keep a carburetor supplied with fuel. There are times when it might work, but after a few mowers coming back from running out of fuel with fuel in the tank, our policy to not put pleated filters in front of an engine without a fuel pump

Last edited:

LMPPLUS

Threads

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Check this out:

Yet another You Tube video supposed to be comprehensive yet sadly lacking unless you have no understanding of SI units of measurement .
A hair will not pass through the metal screen unless it arrives dead square on which would never happen so not exactly truthful
And o course he seems to think that the paper filters have strait holes in them rather than a contorted passage and despite what he said there is no way a grass blade can pass through one
A tiny bit above all of the can opener oil filter videos but only just so at 22 minutes a waste of 20 minuted but it does earn him about 0.5¢

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Just wished all mowers had some kind of filter to slow down carb issues. Our s_ _t fuel is bad enough.....

Davenj4f

Threads
These are window screen media types. Might stop a number 2 pencil. Waste of money.
View attachment 65137
This style you can't verify the cartridge is sealed proper or not. On the fence about these.
View attachment 65138

These are supposed to be good. Never used one. What is the micron level on these?
View attachment 65139

Another I haven't used. Any good???
View attachment 65140
I use R12T filters on my mowers and backhoe. Easy to change, and also traps water. Filters are all over Amazon.