Best Lawn Tractor

Threads
I was thinking about my business and how I would like to get a bigger mower. I might go the route of buying a used commercial ZTR, new residential ZTR, or new lawn tractor. Yes, I know standers or walk-behinds could also be an option. Over the summer I put up threads about the best ZTR, so now is the time for the best lawn tractor. If I was to go the lawn tractor route (I'm not saying this is what I'm going to do), which would be best? I know there will be lots of opinions, but if you say why you think that brand is better it will help me.

Cub Cadet: CUB CADET.png (Garden Tractors: Get the Perfect Mower for Landscaping with Cub Cadet's Garden Tractors)

John Deere: JOHN DEERE.png (John*Deere X700 Select Series Lawn Tractors JohnDeere.com)

Craftsman: CRAFTSMAN.jpg (Shop for Lawn Tractors in the Lawn & Garden department of Craftsman.com)

Husqvarna: HUSQVARNA.png (Garden Tractor Mower - Lawn mower and accessories, reviews, buying guide and comparison charts | Husqvarna)

Snapper: SNAPPER.jpg (Tractors | Riding Lawn Mowers | Snapper Lawn Mowers)

metz12

Threads
I was thinking about my business and how I would like to get a bigger mower. I might go the route of buying a used commercial ZTR, new residential ZTR, or new lawn tractor. Yes, I know standers or walk-behinds could also be an option. Over the summer I put up threads about the best ZTR, so now is the time for the best lawn tractor. If I was to go the lawn tractor route (I'm not saying this is what I'm going to do), which would be best? I know there will be lots of opinions, but if you say why you think that brand is better it will help me.

Cub Cadet: View attachment 10148 (Garden Tractors: Get the Perfect Mower for Landscaping with Cub Cadet's Garden Tractors)

John Deere: View attachment 10149 (John*Deere X700 Select Series Lawn Tractors JohnDeere.com)

Craftsman: View attachment 10150 (Shop for Lawn Tractors in the Lawn & Garden department of Craftsman.com)

Husqvarna: View attachment 10151 (Garden Tractor Mower - Lawn mower and accessories, reviews, buying guide and comparison charts | Husqvarna)

Snapper: View attachment 10152 (Tractors | Riding Lawn Mowers | Snapper Lawn Mowers)

I personally am a fan of craftsman and cub cadet. not saying the others are bad but i prefer those 2. Craftsman are usually easy to work on. they also have a really good parts website. cub cadets are also very powerful, and they are tough as nails. i would go with either one if your looking to buy something new but i would rather buy a decent craftsman or yard machines used. also buy a manual if your going to buy one. hydrostatics are not as much fun!

Parkmower

Threads
metz12 said:
hydrostatics are not as much fun!

I disagree.
If your doin this for business you'll want a hydrostatic. They're much easier and faster to maneuver than constantly changing gears.

A_tank96

Threads
Based on the ones you have in the pictures, I would go with the john deere. It will be the most expensive the x700 series will, but you can mount loaders, they have 3 point hitches, Pto's, four wheel drive, four wheel steering, larger mower decks, Power steering, and 27 Horse engines. Compared to the others, well there's a reason the others are 2000 and the x700 series is 10000.

A_tank96

Flintmotorsports

Threads
I would go with a craftsman mower because you can get parts at just about any lawnmower shop. they are very well built and easy to work on to everone has one so you know all the kinks are worked out of them. i have a shop here in vt and about 75% of the riders i fix is a craftsman it is just for maintence no major jobs other the rebuilding the motor because they have had it for years and it is worth putting money into. well i hope this helps you to make your mind up to figure out witch mower to buy

djdicetn

Lawn Addict
Threads

Cub Cadet: View attachment 10148 (Garden Tractors: Get the Perfect Mower for Landscaping with Cub Cadet's Garden Tractors)

John Deere: View attachment 10149 (John*Deere X700 Select Series Lawn Tractors JohnDeere.com)

Craftsman: View attachment 10150 (Shop for Lawn Tractors in the Lawn & Garden department of Craftsman.com)

Husqvarna: View attachment 10151 (Garden Tractor Mower - Lawn mower and accessories, reviews, buying guide and comparison charts | Husqvarna)

Snapper: View attachment 10152 (Tractors | Riding Lawn Mowers | Snapper Lawn Mowers)

lmf,

WHAT......no Honda lawn tractor??????(I know how you love your Hondas:0)
But, again, does Honda "still make" lawn tractors??? My next-door-neighbor had a Honda that his dad gave him that lasted a total between them of 20-25 years before being replaced. EXCELLENT product!!! He replaced it with a Husqvarna(purchased from a dealer, rather than big box retailer so he could get one with the Kawasaki engine). I had a 54" Craftsman(made by Husqvarna) which was VERY good........except for the 24hp Briggs & Stratton Intek(now I know why my neighbor bought his at a dealer:0) My vote(bang for your buck) would be the Husqvarna(from a dealer!!!) with a Kawa engine. But I agree that the Craftsman(most of them are Husqvarna's) with the appropriate engine do have good reliability and good parts availability as mentioned. That would be my second choice.

P.S.
Since you will be using the lawn tractor "commercially" user A_tank96 made a strong argument for investing a little more money and getting a JD(their lawn tractors have a reputation that's hard to beat). I guess this afterthought would skew my #1 & #2 choices:0)

Threads
lmf,

WHAT......no Honda lawn tractor??????(I know how you love your Hondas:0)
But, again, does Honda "still make" lawn tractors??? My next-door-neighbor had a Honda that his dad gave him that lasted a total between them of 20-25 years before being replaced. EXCELLENT product!!! He replaced it with a Husqvarna(purchased from a dealer, rather than big box retailer so he could get one with the Kawasaki engine). I had a 54" Craftsman(made by Husqvarna) which was VERY good........except for the 24hp Briggs & Stratton Intek(now I know why my neighbor bought his at a dealer:0) My vote(bang for your buck) would be the Husqvarna(from a dealer!!!) with a Kawa engine. But I agree that the Craftsman(most of them are Husqvarna's) with the appropriate engine do have good reliability and good parts availability as mentioned. That would be my second choice.

Haha :laughing: If Honda still made riders I would buy one of them!! So NO, they don't make them anymore. :frown: And thanks for your input! :smile:

metz12

Threads
I disagree.
If your doin this for business you'll want a hydrostatic. They're much easier and faster to maneuver than constantly changing gears.

Very true. it depends on what size of a lawn your doing or whats on it. if you have to maneuver around obstacles then the hydrostatics are good for that. but a bigger yard then a manual is fine. shift on the go manuals are really fun though! thats what my yard machines is.

Ric

Lawn Pro
Threads

The Best mower buy out of the five is the Cub Cadet 2000 series. It has the best warranty for the investment and I like the idea of the shaft drive with the fab deck for $3499 you can't go wrong.