Best Gas Trimmer?

TxRab

Forum Newbie
Threads
I've got 6 acres and need a gas trimmer that's between residential and commercial, leaning more commercial. Have been a fan of Stihl and was looking at the FS94R but found some bad carburetor reviews so that forced me do further research. Now my biggest interest is in a Husqvarna (324L???) or a Honda (HHT35SLTAT???). I want something that will last and be comfortable and lastly is considering 4-stroke trimmer a good idea?

Thank you in advance for your opinion.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Echo SMR-266 is the one I always recommend. For the last 5 years I’ve put mine through hell and back and the only thing I’ve done to it is replace the bump head twice, because I’ve worn them out. Might be a bit more $$$ than others, but well worth it in the long run.

TxRab

Forum Newbie
Threads
THANK YOU so much for your reply! I'll give it a serious look.

slomo

Lawn Addict
Threads
Maruyma, made in Japan. 5 year Commercial warranty. Nuff said.

slomo

TxRab

Forum Newbie
Threads
Thank you slomo! Greatly appreciated! I'll check them out.

mikehouse

Threads
Stihl FS70R is my horse.Low end commercial.Highly recommended residential,plus it's a STIHL!!!

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
Echo also has a five year warranty.

Rivets

Lawn Royalty
Threads
If it is a toy it’s the best toy I’ve seen in the last 15 years. I‘ll take it over everything else I’ve seen in the last 15 years, except the older Tanakas.

bertsmobile1

Lawn Royalty
Threads
I am still loaning out my FS 45 that we bought 30 years ago to desperate customers .

I would propose that like mowers there is no such thing as a "best" line trimmer
There is the "Right" line trimmer for you & the work that you do but "best" is a very subjective term

If I was to buy one for myself now, then it would be a 35cc Honda or a Shindiawa
Both are about twice the price of the others in their class & capacity for a very good reason .