Best electric mower?

sporkk

Threads
Some of the recharge mowers have somewhat poor reviews on amazon. I'm still thinking I might pick up the greenworks twin blade model anyway and would hope in time that replacements blades might be available if I ever needed some. Does lowes have any type of extended warranty that would cover say the blades or battery?

thanks!

MowerMike

Threads
Some of the recharge mowers have somewhat poor reviews on amazon. I'm still thinking I might pick up the greenworks twin blade model anyway and would hope in time that replacements blades might be available if I ever needed some. Does lowes have any type of extended warranty that would cover say the blades or battery?

Recharge Mower makes only two models. The PMLI-14 with a 14.5" blade and a maximum cutting height of 2.95" has been on the market for several years. The main complaints relate to durability of flimsy plastic parts and cheap construction like pop riveting the rock guard to the back of the plastic housing. It costs more than the Greenworks twin blade and has only a one year warranty for both the mower and battery, whereas Greenworks is 4 years on the mower and 2 years on the battery. The other Recharge Mower is the PMLI-20 with a 19" blade and a maximum 3.75" cutting height that has been on the market for less than a year and costs $250 more than the Greenworks twin blade at Lowe's. There are few reviews on the PMLI-20, but they are mostly favorable. The problem is that a replacement battery for the PMLI-20 costs $400, run time is only about 45 minutes and warranty is only one year. It also weighs 15 pounds more and has much smaller rear wheels. I never buy store warranties and I doubt that they cover damage or wear and tear on items like blades. About the only advantage of a store warranty is that you can avoid a possibly long trip to a Greenworks approved warranty service center if you have a problem. Also, don't forget that if you buy anything at Lowe's, regardless of manufacturer or store warranty, you can always return it for a refund or replacement if you have any problems within the first 30 days.

Last edited:

MowerMike

Threads
the new Gardena (Husqvarna) battery powered electric mower is brilliant Gardena

I've seen that mower and it's larger sibling the 42 A Li. It seems a bit pricey at $549 au (about $570 usd) for a 36 cm cut mower and the maximum cutting height is only 65mm (2.56"), which is too low for places such as where I live. Also, the claimed 9 hrs to fully recharge a Li-Ion battery seems excessive.